Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lonely

coffeelover1218 March 30th, 2016

I am 21 years old and I have never had a real boyfriend. It makes me feel unlovable, ugly, and unwanted. One of my biggest goals in life is to have a family--kids, a husband, a dog. How can I reach that goal if I'm 21 and haven't even taken baby steps? All I've ever done is kiss 1 boy and I didn't even have feelings for him! I don't know what to do. I feel so worthless.

soulsings March 30th, 2016

@coffeelover1218 sorry you feel so lonely and unloved. That is one of the big challenges of growing up and leaving the security of living with parents and entering the rough and tumble world.

Trouble with being young for me was having so many conflicting and contradictory impulses. Looking back I wish I was able to establish relationships earlier, but I did the best I can. I am still learning about relationships, but to me knowing more about what I really want besides the instant glow of meeting a new person is to form a relationship.

This self help guide is called Loneliness but after I went through it it was more like a short course on relationships. Check it out here https://www.7cups.com/how-to-deal-with-loneliness/

Part of finding deeper relationships was a challenge for me because I focused more on what I wanted instead of what I have to offer. That is an important part of growing up for me.