Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Boyfriend? Or no

XDinnaaaaX April 27th, 2015

I need help with ...yes I know pathetic "guy troubles" I'm a young teenager heading into freshman year I have not been looking into dating and never thought I would. Especially with me being a little naive to the "sensual" things with guys. But let me get to the point, this one guy came around into my life a little while ago and we have been talking more and hanging out without my mums consent... Why? Well because he is 17 and I doubt my mum would accept. He also has tattoos and smokes occasionally weed, and always seems to be in trouble. I don't know if I should date him and get into the thrill of living dangerously (because when I am with him I feel like my depression has left) or take the right path to my 'future' I just don't know...I want the risk ...but I don't want the bumpy ride of consequences. So what should I really do? The naive 9th grader dating the (as my friends call him) the 12 grade trouble maker!?I just dont want to get hurt❤❤❤ helppp wanted -Dina

Milliek17 April 27th, 2015

Don't risk it bby:) sry but I don't think it would be right

LuizaGarciaLu April 27th, 2015

Oh, I really think you should try! Is better a pain of the end of a love then the pain of a live that was beer lived!

Lilacbreeze76 April 27th, 2015

My mom dated my dad, back when he smoked weed, and she had the most fun with him. They have the most fun memories and times together. I think you should, but know your limits and make sure he does too

Sadpansy April 27th, 2015

I say don't. Even though it sounds fun and all, he's manipulating you. It may not seem like it, but he's just using you. That's why you have to stay away from an age gap like that. He should know not to date someone so much younger.

XDinnaaaaX OP April 27th, 2015

@sadpansy How do you know? :(

Sadpansy April 27th, 2015

@XDinnaaaaX because any 17 year old going after a freshman is just going to use them especially because they're more mature and they're going to try more mature stuff

@sadpansy This is terrible, I'm tired of being used ...I just hope its not true I just don't know...

Pandas4ever April 27th, 2015

I think he may like you but dont risk it.

@pandasforever Thanks for the support ❤😔

kissfromtherosesx1 April 27th, 2015

Well, it depends. And also there could be a reason why you would think your mom would say no, and it would be for protection of you. Try to see it in her prospective. And if you do decide to take him, make boundaries. Lots of them. You're still very young but he's way older than you. If you ever feel pressured to do things like he does like smoke weed or things like that, that's not what a good relationship would be. Make sure he respects your wishes. If he doesn't, then it's time to leave. Theres no use to staying. I got my first boyfriend when I was waaaaay to young, 13. What did he want me for all along? Body, sex.. I'm glad I didn't feel pressured into doing anything with him and that I refused head on. I'm 17 now. The point I'm trying to get to is, he safe and don't let him pressure you into doing things that you know you shouldn't be doing.. If he does pressure you or say that you should, then no use in staying.

*be safe

@kissfromtherosesx1 Thank you so much...I might actually do that! He hasn't tried pressuring me into anything. He is very protective though ..

Thats good! What do you mean by protective?

And another thing that I missed, especially since he's way older than you, you don't know what he may be capable of doing.

@kissfromtherosesx1 What do you mean by capable of anything ?

Any sort of dangerous thing. Also another tip, if you want to hang out with him/plan on doing so, I suggest go to places other than yours or his house with many people, at least until you feel you trust him enough.

HappyRabbit3 April 27th, 2015

I don't think this is the best idea. He might be a really bad influence on you and take advantage of you in certain ways. Your depression is going away with him, but it can and will also go away with another guy too. He is going to graduate too, so if you do date, it's not going to last at all

I never thought about that...and it will hurt either way if he leaves ... This is just so much ...maybe I should wait ... @happyrabbit3