Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Relationship Stress Community? Introduce yourself here!! ❤️

ASilentObserver August 1st, 2018

Greetings from the Relationship Stress Community!!

Are you new to the Relationship Stress Community? Tell us some things about yourself and get to know others that joined the community this month!
Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

Benefits of being a member of the Relationship Stress Community:

Give and receive support from others who are in relationships.

Share your relationship journey (memories, struggles, challenges) in relevant topics comfortably.

Participate in community activities and events (eg. Check-ins, Icebreakers, Forum Discussions)

Plus, members who participate regularly could become part of the Relationship Stress team, as well!

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events.

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact KatePersephone (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Do not be a lurker! Join us and introduce yourself here!!

tagging our newest subcribers: @determinedDrum4627Ayu @modestWriter18 @pretendflyer @Danyaabbasi @hardworkingPond3054 @SageTurtle @Promivala614 @softTree9053 @CafeGirl42 @problematiclife27 @orangeCup3761 @BrazenBrunette @christylucia96 @SerenNova @rationalApple816 @KiyKiy16 @navyLemon4199 @HurrMan @imaginativeJet6179 @lilacperfume124 @Planticorn7 @FindingMyVoice2 @LostInGame @Bibbbbu
ard
happy-dance.gif

[a brown and white bear dancing together while holding hands]

Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Edited by KatePersephone on 30.09.24

passionateTown1671 May 5th, 2019

I have been the toxic one in my relationship. My girlfriend has been here for me for a year while I try to fix my problems. Ive improved, but not enough. This is my last chance to improve myself or else were done. And I love her more than anything and I want to change so bad. Im really going to try. Any tips on how to deal with extreme jealousy and being controlling?

K87 May 6th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Hi, I'm here because I have a myriad of health issues (physical and mental) thankfully the mental ones are under control thanks to my medicine. Unfortunately, the physical - not so much. I do find being a listener cathartic and therapeutic, especially when I feel like I helped someone.

fearlessVase1949 May 7th, 2019

@K87

That's a great thing to do and help others

ConnectOn May 8th, 2019

Hi my name is Saleel. I currently live in India. I have been on 7 Cups for about 2 months now and loving it. It gives an opportunity to share & listen to people, to receive & give empathy. This gives me support & joy.

fearlessVase1949 May 8th, 2019

Hey, I'm Laura.

I've just joined. I've had a string of failed relationships and have been treated badly by guys. I am now beginning to think that it is my fault though and kind of giving of hope of ever finding the right one. I'm 33 and all my mates are married with kids.

The problem is my happiness is always solely dependent on whatever guy I am with and how they are treating me. I am seeing somebody right now and it is so toxic, when it's good ita amazing but we argue a lot and I get the blame for everything!

I really want it to work and he will only see me if I apologise, I am tempted to just to get things back on track but why should I if I don't believe I am wrong and he never accepts responsibly.

beenthrougheverything May 10th, 2019

Well when we are in a relationship we give the opposite person the power to do anything to us. Giving them importance is different from letting them live your life

Distressedmdc183 May 14th, 2019

Hi, Im Dennis. Im 32 yrs old and have two kids with my wife. Weve been together 16 yrs and its been a roller coaster. We are currently in a working separation? I dont know what to call it really. Pretty much we are doing what we want to do without the other person being a part of it all the time. Its a strange and confusing separation.

Pretty much to sum it up my wife wanted to separate but she doesnt want to completely cut each other off. Shes been the complete opposite of herself lately going from super introvert to going out, talking to strangers, and using social media to start convos with random people. All of which are men so I wasnt sure what to think.

At first, I got really jealous and insecure about the whole thing, but after I asked her very bluntly if she was talking to someone else or wanted to see other people in general she assured me that isnt the case. She needs to be herself without me attached. As she put it, she needs to not be Dennis wife. So here I am now. Still confused, trying to make sense of the whole thing.

I joined this app and community because I know I need support from others. My buddies are all very type A personalities so telling them this whole thing leads to alcohol and trying to get me laid. I really dont want to end my relationship with her, but I know we need time apart. So yeah... thats why Im here.

Solaristar May 16th, 2019

Hi, Im new here

I came for some help with a friendship thats really suddenly gone sour, I didnt really know where to go for help and came across this website

Hopefully I can be of help too, though Im not not the best in the friendship department (as you can see)

SakoombaKero May 22nd, 2019

Hello my friends🤗. I am 43 yoers old though some times I feel like 88 and many times like 5.😂😂😂 I had many crushes iin my life because I care for people but only one true love. I missed the magic of teenage days because I decided to be "mature and rational" in the detriment of love and living my life. I went through a divorce and I let my ex-wife go because I understood she found somebody else to love and I respected her right to happyness and freedom and supported her in her choice however hurtful it was for me. In my other relashionships I regret I could not help my partners with their medical issues or social stigma. Currently, after 25 years I was reunited with the love of my life from highschool, a soursweet love story of life. Know that I am a true natural empath and I will always care for you and feel you my friends🤗 Good luck following your own sagas🤗

TheDivineSheep May 22nd, 2019

Hello, I joined this community because I was just in a happy relationship but I broke it off to focus on my mental health. I have a few issues with that, and it would be nice to have someone else help me work it out.

MarkyBanjo May 23rd, 2019

I'm Marky! I love horseback and singing along with helping others when possible for me to.

Calcifer313 May 28th, 2019

New here and looking for others to reach out to for advice/support.

In a long term relationship, engaged but unsure if I want to get married again (been married before, did not go well, he went psycho - hid drug addiction), and I'm just afraid I suppose. My current relationship has definitely had its ups and downs. We butt heads often, get heightened quickly and put walls up....communication isn't at its finest for sure. We are trying to work on things, but past events still stick in my mind, made me resentful. Trying to figure out whether to stay longer and try to make it work for our son (almost 3 year old) or if its best to part ways.....he says he's never loved anyone as much as he does me, and for me...I love him, but sort of fell out of love with him during the hard times, trying to see if I'm able to fall back in love with him again I suppose...

Just feel stuck on what to do. Hoping that hearing from others can help provide some direction.

TheSmolAdam May 28th, 2019

Hi. I'm ColourSkull, but you can call me 'Skull' or 'Ginger'. I don't like my real name, so....

anyway, I need a lot of help with things like relationships and friendships.

ASilentObserver OP June 5th, 2019

@ColourSkull We are here with you to help and support Ginger. Sending hugs. Welcome to the community.

JellyBean299 June 5th, 2019

@ColourSkull hey ginger! Welcome to the SC. I really like your username :)

goldenWest7842 June 2nd, 2019

Hello guys! I am new here and I am trying my best to cope from a breakup and heal. Everyday, I make it a point to do atleast one thing towards self care and remember that I deserve to be valued as much as anybody else. :)

Have a great day.

Marm1127 June 2nd, 2019

@goldenWest7842 sending you some digital hugs 🤗 to tell you things will get better.

goldenWest7842 June 2nd, 2019

@Marm1127 thank you so much dear!

@goldenWest7842 Good thoughts West. We all are here with you. Welcome to 7Cups.

Marm1127 June 2nd, 2019

Hello everyone!! I am Marm. Joining this community in the hopes to help get answers for my issues and indulge in honest and open minded discussion! Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. For me I

@Marm1127 I am sorry to hear about it Marm. We all are here with you to support <3 Welcome to the community.

goldenWest7842 June 9th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Thank you!! <3

JellyBean299 June 5th, 2019

Hey obs! Im a new listener here, and trying to figure out how 7 cups works!

You can call me JB, Jelly, Ash(ley?) Or honestly anything else! I love reading and am in the last year of high school. Cheers!

@JellyBean299 Awesome Ash. We are glad to meet you and have your presence in the community. heart

gentleHeart2180 June 19th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Hi,I'm new here and would like to get some support about a relationship.

ASilentObserver OP June 19th, 2019

@gentleHeart2180 Awesome Heart. Glad to have you here. Welcome to the community. We all are here with you to listen and support. <3

AlexH96 June 21st, 2019

Hi I'm Alex and I'm not good at relationships. Hopefully I can learn from being here.

ASilentObserver OP June 22nd, 2019

@AlexH96 Sure Alex. We could discuss, share and learn together. Welcome to 7Cups. Feel free to participate in our forums discussions and threads. We are glad to have you here with us.

OpenEarsHeart June 26th, 2019

Hello everybody :) I am a new subscriber to this community. Am looking forward to learning new things and sharing my experiences of navigating through the complexities of relationships.

Helping2findaway August 1st, 2019

@OpenEarsHeart - Hello there :) Welcome to our community

ReineCaring19 June 26th, 2019

Hey I am kind of new, I have been going through this breakup. Is all my me no support not from my friends (supposedly) or family. Or perhaps they are helping but is not forthcoming all I am hearing is one and the same thing. Time will heal all wounds. It's been two months and I still the hurt like yesterday, the lies and betrayal and disrespect and cheating. It hurts so bad but I try to be positive as I am studying for my exam USMLE step 1. No one understands what I am going through. Just my bed with all the tears in my pillow.

ReineCaring19 June 26th, 2019

I would love to learn how to make new friends and if I am to start another relationship what I need to know. As of right now, there is a lot of mutual friends and this cause a lot of triggers and I want to stay away and just be me and make my own friends now.

Thanks already in advanced

@ReineCaring19

Hi there, Welcome to our community, break-ups can be very difficult to cope with. Through our community and chat room i hope you are able to find support during this time. :) we are glad your here.

pvradise June 27th, 2019

My name is Larissa and I am currently in a relationship that might be toxic. Not in a

@pvradise

Hello there, Welcome to our community, there are various forums on relationships that may help you to confirm if your relationship is toxic.

SunnyBoy2222 June 27th, 2019

Hello everyone! You can call me Sunny Boy or SB.. my boyfriend broke up with me and I'm having a very hard time trying to find my true self again.. I feel lost. Can't wait to see what 7 Cups can do for me :) just joined today, and I'm so happy I found it!

redskyatnightt June 28th, 2019

@SunnyBoy2222

segismundo July 2nd, 2019

@SunnyBoy2222 Hey, I'm new too :))

SunnyBoy2222 June 27th, 2019

Hello everyone! You can call me Sunny Boy or SB.. my boyfriend broke up with me and I'm having a very hard time trying to find my true self again.. I feel lost. Can't wait to see what 7 Cups can do for me :) just joined today, and I'm so happy I found it!

neonOcean9500 June 29th, 2019

Hi I'm new here and looking for support and friendship as I try to make some much needed changes in my life. I'm dealing with a lot of emotional and verbal abuse and often isolated. I have a lot of stress in my life in several areas and reaching out to connect with others in hopes of helping cope.