Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

blocked ex

helpfulPond3973 June 23rd, 2020

my ex and I have had an on and off relationship for over 3 years. Our offs are caused by his chronic depression and major depressive episodes, and his unwillingness to stick to treatment. We've broken up 3 times before and he always comes back. It's expremely difficult to let go of the man he is when he's not having a severe episode, because he's amazing then. I also always reply to him reaching out after the breakups because I worry about his mental state, God forbid he ever does something to himself.

I recently decided to just block him completely on all outlets because it has become too much to bear in this last breakup. But it's excruciating because right now is a time where I would actually need his love and support the most. I'm trying very hard to be strong and do what's best for myself, but my heart feels like it went through a wood chipper.

Does anyone have any tips or experience is realtionships with people in similar issues? Any support is greatly appreciated

MonicaQu June 23rd, 2020

@helpfulPond3973

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share about your relationship. I can imagine going through a breakup more than once is a lot to deal with. I can see that you really care about him and understand he would be going through a hard time. I guess it felt right for you to block him but at the same time he was someone you could rely on and share about how you feel.

I guess in a way like the quote you fall apart and come back together and now you are thinking about what now?

Perhaps you could message me or write back on here. :)

Image result for breaking up and getting back together quotes

helpfulPond3973 OP June 24th, 2020

@MonicaQu

thank you for your reply, the quote really does explain how I feel. My only problem is that I feel like my love for him is hurting me. Right now he's experiencing too much pain and self loathing to see how his behavior effects me. He's already gone back to his rebound.

I truly just want to not love him anymore, my sadness has turned into anger at him. I'm so angry at him that he's not here when I need him. I'm angry that he's probably not even thinking about me anymore because he's with some girl because he's fully incapable of being alone and actually working towards getting better. I'm just so angry.