Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

big life change - do i need a break up?

Montiebella October 25th, 2019

hi

I've been very sick and wheelchair bound for almost all of my teenage years (8years). During those years, I was either in relationships or too ill to get out of bed so i have never really experienced being single and happy. Currently, i'm in a two year relationship with a man I love and I don't think there is any thing actually wrong with the relationship. But back in july, found out I had been misdiagnosed with a lifelong illness and I was then diagnosed with chronic lyme disease, which means I can be healthy again and will have the power to be independant, which is something I never thought I could have.

This changes everything, and although there is nothing wrong in our relationship, I think my love for him might be fading and for the last few months ive felt happier when im alone and doing my own thing. I feel like i'm being really selfish but honestly im just so confused with everything i'm feeling. I keep thinking about breaking up...

is this normal? what should I do?

CommunityModAlex October 27th, 2019

@Montiebella

welcome to Relationship and friendship Support Community ♡ I am glad you have reached out here!

I would say, your feeling are absolutely valid, I understand sometimes feelings might be confusing but those must have some reason behind it, and I really hope you get well soon totally <3 and do you feel you can talk about your current emotions with him? Just to discuss bout it?