Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What to do

easyRaspberries164 March 18th, 2021

Got my heartbroken by a childhood friend l fell in love with. He left when l needed him(l was scheduled for a major surgical procedure) and now l am realizing he may have scammed me out of money too. l may not be able to recover my money unless he gives it back which is looking unlikely everyday. I have been trying to move on, not contact him but it is really difficult to watch him get away with this.

FrenchToast April 1st, 2021

@easyRaspberries164 Oh no, that is terrible. I am so sorry you had to go through this. :( It sucks to have someone you trust so much do something like this to you.

easyRaspberries164 OP April 1st, 2021

@anotherfrenchtoastclub thanks for your response. Yes it has been really difficult. But l'm beginning to accept that people do terrible things for whatever reason and he is one of such. I also want to believe the universe will balance things out.

FrenchToast April 1st, 2021

@easyRaspberries164 I love that you believe that, that's so important. Sending you all my love!

easyRaspberries164 OP April 1st, 2021

I appreciate you 💛

G01ngPaga1 April 1st, 2021

After 25 yrs together, and 23 yrs married, 3 wonderful kids, home, etc, she says "We married to young"... so she moved out. She did tell me this just didn't happen overnight, but was evolving.

My mom who's always been with me was a part of the household after marriage and gave support wherever she could with kids, help in keeping home functional, cooking, etc but tradeoffs were that she seems to have insecurities or borderline personality issues, depression, and/or slight bi-polar. She could sometimes make the energy in the room feel negative and there has been many times where she made my wife feel as if she's walking on eggshells as there were things that wasn't up par according to moms standards. I was never biased and called out my mom whenever I saw her in the wrong and other times, without defending my mom, I would try and explain that mom is from a different generation and that comes with different values and expectations but it's no excuse for her behavior.

Her and I were best friends and at times, of course with any marriage, had our ups & downs, rough patches, but I never raised my voice towards her, or even put a finger in her face. We celebrated so many good positive moments through our life together, but most, if not all of it doesn't matter now as any and most mistakes from past that didn't matter, now do matter, hence leading to "We married to young"..She herself has struggled with some sort of depression at times, not clinical.

There's so much more to it as far as owning my mistakes from past and present, unfortunately, we handled conflicts differently, resentments came into play, etc. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure how she has become so cold towards me, a person I don't recognize anymore, especially we are both from broken homes and it seemed like we'd never put our kids through that, but here we are.

Slowly, I saw distancing, told me not to hold her all the time as I always held her for a short while, then turn over to go to sleep, months later, she asked me to sleep in another room. We went on a family vacation and once we returned, a month later, letter stating she is wanting out of the marriage and listed some of these reasons why.