Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Rapid Change

Fraolboint July 21st, 2016

It's been 2 weeks since my life turned upside down. In the middle of the night my fiancé (been with for 5 and a half years, lived together for 3 years and engaged for a year and a half) told me he didn't love me. It devastated me and broke my heart. He promised to give me a week, to see if we could bring back the love but the next night he said we wanted space and asked me to leave for a week. I agreed but before the week was over he changed his mind again and told me this would be permanent. We have 4 pets together and a car, we built a life together and he ended it without giving me a say. When we decided to move in together, get pets, get a car... etc we always promised to never walk away. But he did, completely out of the blue. I lost everything in my life that was important to me, he was the love of my life, my best friend, my partner in all things. I lost my home, my pets, even a great friend who took his side. We're still trying to be friends for the sake of the pets and mutual friends but it's very hard, not because I still love him but because he's not the same man I fell in love with. He's mean, and sometimes cruel. He doesn't care about me at all and he is reckless. Every day it gets easier because I don't recognize him. Now the only thing I miss is the relationship and partnership, coming home to someone who loves you, someone to hold you and kiss you when you've had a bad day. I'm not even really looking for advice, I really just needed to get this off my chest.

koreaboo July 21st, 2016

Thank you for sharing that with us! I'm sorry that has happened to you, especially because I can relate when you said he was with you throughout the bad times and he was your partner in everything. It hurts to lose someone like that, but if he is as cruel and as reckless as you say, I think you deserve better and try to think about the things that are still there for you. Like your pets, your friends, etc. :)