Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Out of the Blue Breakups

sensibleMango1809 March 4th, 2021

Hi. My boyfriend and I of one year broke up the other day because he said he couldn’t see himself marrying me. This all came up because his friend was buying a ring for his girlfriend which made my boyfriend think about us and how he doesn’t feel that way about me. He has been distant for a while. My love language is words of affirmation and physical touch which he never did. Could barely even give me a hug on my birthday. He said we could work on things but then when I asked if he just wanted to give up and move on he just shrugged his shoulders. We live together and seeing him when I go back to get my stuff is going to be hard. Does anyone think this issue could be worked through and he could eventually feel like we could be married. Or is this a lost cause and if he’s feeling it now it’ll never change?

sally2345986 March 4th, 2021

@sensibleMango1809 I mean maybe it could be worked out but it varies i think you could try couples counseling or just see where it goes.

lifeisbeautiful37 March 4th, 2021

I think if that’s the way he feels it’s better to end it now, because it would be much worse if he married you anyway and still didn’t love you in that way.