Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No More Contact (For Awhile)

FallingCrescent July 26th, 2016

After attempts to reforge something even though we were broken up earlier this year I feel heartbroken all over again. I admitted I liked him and it was like we were seeing each other again, we even kissed and slept together. But after some nights ago we talked on the phone and he said he didn't want to lead me on even though he tried. I stupidly called him last night but he said that I need to stay away from him for my benefit, until we can try being friends. But knowing me I'll probably still feel for him and will probably have stupid hope that we could be together again. I feel so lost, like all happiness is gone, like there's no motivation to get me out of bed each morning. Dealing with depression and anxiety is enough, I don't want this pain.

JustSurviveSomehow1979 July 30th, 2016

@FallingCrescent

I am going through the same thing right now. I have been in a 3 and a half year relationship where he has not once but three times ended things because he "doesn't have those feelings for me" This last time comes only 6 months after I moved in with him. Now Im spending my last days in the apt trying to stay strong as i pack. He says the same thing, that it isn't fair to me but then why do you keep coming back? He says its because he wants to feel that way well I've come to the realization that he never will, he is just with me because he knows I'll take him back and so he doesn't have to be alone when it suits him. Take it from me; the heartache will only get worse if you continue this back and forth. It will eat away at your self-confidence and esteem yet he will remain unharmed by any of it. My thoughts are with you. I completely understand what you are experiencing.

sympatheticNorth6811 September 30th, 2016

@JustSurviveSomehow1979

I relate to this in a way; in my case, he isn't upfront about how he feels, he just keeps telling me he loves me but he's confused or needs space.. I've forgiven him so many times for texting other women inappropriately, and we've broken up over it several times over the course of 4 years. He always comes back, and he always ends up hurting me in the same way. This last time, he was texting with a girl he dated while we were broken up for a bit, and he told me he loves me but still has feelings for her too. I'm so tired of the back and forth. I wish he would just leave me alone for good because I know I deserve better, but he never gives me the time to heal and move on. Whenever he comes around again, I'm still so vulnerable to him and of course I take him back hoping that this time things will be different.

emitlove July 26th, 2016

@FallingCrescent

Hey, I'm so sorry that you're going through a break up. I know how tough they can be, how hopeless you can feel, how unbearable it can be to miss your ex. I just want you to know that you're not alone in this, that we're here for you as a community on 7 cups. Feel free to message any listener on here and vent about your break up, maybe cry, or do something that helps you cope in a healthy manner. Just take it day by day~

FallingCrescent OP July 26th, 2016

@emitlove

Thank you for replying and the support. It's really tough and I feel pretty weak in comparison to other people who seem to be able to bounce back and motivate themselves to get out there. I'm unsure whether I'm being stupid for having hope, I even asked him a few times repeatedly over the two phone calls if it's impossible to imagine us getting back together.

I'll try to get myself out there, connect with friends, and focus on myself because I know that deep down it isn't healthy to be so reliant on one person for my happiness.

emitlove July 26th, 2016

@FallingCrescent

Hey, I totally understand. I was the same way when I got out of my 3-year long relationship. He even cheated on me, but I was so attached to him that I was willing to continue to ask him if he saw us together again in the future. It took a long time to get over him, and I always felt like I needed to text him and/or see him just to see how he was doing. But I realized I needed to start taking care of myself. And focusing on the people around me who actually still cared about me helped a lot. I know it'll be a hard journey for you to move on, but it's definitely possible. Keep your head up high. :)

FallingCrescent OP July 27th, 2016

@emitlove

Thanks, I will try my best.

Magicman5494 July 29th, 2016

@FallingCrescent

Magicman5494 July 29th, 2016

@FallingCrescent

Hang in there I know how you feel I just got served my divorce papers today and I'm just starting my journey I wish you great luck

FallingCrescent OP July 29th, 2016

@Magicman5494

Oh I'm sorry, I can't imagine how hard that must be to go through. I wish you the very best!

DharmaGirl5 September 28th, 2016

@FallingCrescent I think sometimes no contact is the best. I had ben continuing to try and talk to my ex after we were broken up then I got upset and depressed again once I realized things were different and the end was permanent. I think it set me back a ways in my healing. You need more time to adjust and get through the painful stuff of letting go...