Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My pregnant girlfriend is leaving

Saddad2be October 9th, 2016

So I'm going through hell right now. My girlfriend of nearly 3 years is leaving me and if that's not hard enough she is 3 months pregnant. I feel so lost in my mind and emotions. I love her so much and I know she loves me too but I have made mistakes by being dishonest and now someone I've never seen before is claiming I cheated on her with him (yes I'm bi). I never cheated but I have no idea how to prove it. Honestly I could probably take the break up a bit better if it didn't mean I was going to miss our kids first laugh, first smile, first steps, first everything. My dad was never there and I hate him for it. I've only met him once in 29 years. I know I'm not going to let that happen but I'm terrified my kid is going to hate me for not making things work with his mom. I just feel so lost. All I want is to come home to my woman and my child but some random piece of scum had to just rip it all from me. I really don't know what to do...

carefreeCaramel11 October 9th, 2016

@Saddad2be

I'm sorry to hear that this is causing you distress. Are you able to tell me more about this? When you say, you were being dishonest, what do you mean by that?

Also I'm sorry to hear that your father wasn't really a great figure in your life and that you've only seen him once in 29 years. It's great to hear that you want to be a good father and be there for your child's first laugh, first cry and so forth.

Due to the limited amount of information you gave me. I don't think an outsider (a third person) can claim that you cheated on your girlfriend if you guys really trust each other and there was open communication.

I noted that you said earlier that you were being dishonest so that could be the trigger in causing her insecurity. And other factors such as she's pregnant and during this period of time. There are a lot of hormones and body changes that she is experiencing. It's tough enough on her.

And if you truly mean what you said about being there for your child's firsts. Then prove it. Show it to her through actions.

I would be glad to listen and chat with you more on this privately if you wanted to. Due to again the limited amount of information I am unable to provide further guidance. :)