Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My ex leaving.

UmmItsMegan April 12th, 2015

Me and my ex broke up almost 2 years ago now but we've stayed in contact as we were really good friends and looked after each other. He went to uni last September and got with a girl so he's now in a relationship. At Christmas time he got back in contact after not talking for a few weeks. We got really close and he said he loved me/wanted to be with me. When it was close to going back to uni he changed his mind, which broke my heart and I was so upset. I told his girlfriend everything, because he'd hurt me that much but she didn't believe me and they stayed together, but me and him didn't talk for 2 months. 2 weeks ago he came back after I messaged him (stupidly). We got close, again, he said the same things, again and I believed him. Over the 2 months we didn't talk I got over him (kind of) and I was happy. On Tuesday last week he got the arse with me as I had an off day and he said he realised how much he loved his girlfriend, so he changed his mind again which led to me badly hurting myself on Thursday night. He's now not talking to me or returning any of my messages. How can I cope again? I feel like I'm broken and can never be fixed again :( x

crisko855 April 12th, 2015

I have the same issue. My ex broke up with me 2 months ago and she still keeps contact with me. She loves me when she is with me and as soon as she leaves she goes cold. I just keep busy by trying new things like classes and working out. I go where there are people to strike up conversations. I have met some really nice people that have helped ease the pain. Take things one day at a time and believe that you are worthy of love because you are.

UmmItsMegan OP April 12th, 2015

I've blocked him now as he didn't reply but it's hard because I feel alone alot where I don't have people to talk to. He knows I love him so I think thats why he does it. I don't think anyone will ever love me. I met a lad in the 2 months me and my ex didn't speak but he left without an explanation or anything :(

LoyaltyistheKey April 12th, 2015

Hi Megan, I know how you really feel. Me and my ex broke up few times it's not because he cheated or doesn't love me anymore. He ask me to walk away cause he is going through depression right now. I really love him a lot, but sometimes walking away is the only option you have. He thinks that I deserve better, it's really hard to let go when you have built so much beautiful memories. But I can't make him to things and I can't control the situation. I know I have done nothing wrong and my intentions are good. All I can tell you is to keep yourself busy, value yourself. You need to focus to the people that are in your life right now. You have your family that's all that matters. If the the guy loves you truly will never let you go. Stay Strong :)

Me and my ex broke up because he did cheat and I awas always jealous of other girls because he let them message me and tell me he was doing stuff. I don't believe he loves me because he never shows it and when he does it's never for long :( I love him more than anything and wish he felt the same. I feel like I'll be alone forever. What do I do to keep busy? I have no friends. And not alot of confidence apart from when I'm at work. How did you cope with it?

I'm sorry for what you've been through. That is very immature of him to let those girls message you. If he does love you he should not make you jealous. As you can see he is a player, do u think u deserve someone like him? No. You deserve someone who is afraid to lose, who will always be there tp support you and care for you. Don't feel like you'll be alone forever you need to explore more, it's not the end of you. Trust me once you'll move on and get over him you'll look back and just laugh at your past. Cry as much as you want but never cry again for the same mistake. Life is all about learning. I don't have friends myself, I takecare of seniors that have dementia which is really really hard, and going through a heart break makes it more harder. I read a lot of articles,any topics. Or watch funny videos. I just look forward to my future, or whatever life can offer me. I'm not an expert to this but I like to share my story to make people feel that they are not alone in this strange world.

He said sorry for it all happening but this time I think he hates me because I told his girlfriend. He doesn't understand how I feel and I feel noone else does either. I think I deserve better but then I also think everyone can do better than me because I'm emotional alot and that. I found music helped, like when I have headphones in, but the last time it didn't, I just cried with them in. I work with children so that makes me happy but it'*s been half term so I've not worked recently, back tomorrow though.

To be honest with u if he really is sorry he shouldn't be doing it over and over. How long werebu guys together? I understand you I know I'm only a stranger but I care for people who are going through the same thing as I am. Yes music helps a lot, listen to something that is more calm like piano station. Yiruma is my fave pianist. Hey I love children I've always wonder how to get to that kind of job. It's a good thing that you are going back to work tomorrow. You can message me privately if you want someone to talk to. My name is Maeralyn :)

He isn't sorry. It's all my fault though. Always is. We were together only 7 months but we've been friends for almost 3 years. We were pretty close until he got with his new girlfriend. How can anyone truly understand when I don't always understand myself? I love my job. Keeps me going :) I did my level 3 qualification through an apprentiship with the company I work with :) I'll message you

Don't blame yourself, if he truly loves he should have fight for u. If you keep looking back from the past and what should have happen between you and him, you will never move on. Think of it as a learning experience. Not everyone is meant to stay in our life. There's no such thing as permanent. And I'm happy that you love your job, keep up the good work. I wish I can work in a place where I am happy and passionate of. There's two things I love to do is cooking/baking and take care of babies/toddlers. Okay just chat me privately if u need a friend to vent your emotions. :)

He doesn't fight for me, never has, maybe he just doesn't want me in his life anymore and thats something i'll have to deal with. You should do some cooking/baking where you work. Working with kids is amazing. You always have a reason to smile :) how do I private message you?

LoyaltyistheKey April 13th, 2015

Yes, just accept the fact that he is not meant for you eventhough it's really hard but you have to for the sake of you. You can't let yourself stuck to something that is holding you back, move on. Down the road you will meet someone that will treat you right. I bet it is fun to be around with children :) I thought you can chat me here privately but I guess not lol I can give you my skype name, that's the only app I can chat with you privately. Or if you know any other app.

UmmItsMegan OP April 13th, 2015

I've just given up all hope of it.

:( It is hard. I started to miss my ex today. I'm tempted to message him but I better not to.

reservedOwl2279 April 13th, 2015

Mine is the similar case aa well. its been 3 years since breakup and my ex still keeps contact with me. He claims to have new gf..at his university yet whenever he is in town he asks me out. We even went to lunch and movies. He hasnt told his gf anything about me. Whenever he goes back to the uni he becomes cold...its been a month since we have talked. this hurts.

Girl, you must have love him still. But you are saying that he hasn't tell his gf about you and he becomes cold when he is back in school. It's more like he is using you. You don't need someone like him who only reach you for his own convenience. You deserve better.

Thats exactly like me. Mine hasn't told his girlfriend either. Usually happens when he's at home

redChestnut3382 April 13th, 2015

At least he contacts you... Broke up with my ex in February and he hasn't talked to me aside from once when I fb messaged him. Idkhow he could go cold turkey so easily. We talked every single day religiously for a year

Mine doesnt anymore

wittyOak8698 April 15th, 2015

Okay so my ex broke up with me we dated for 6months and have known eachother for two years. We have been done for about a month and a half. He says he still wants to be friends. So then he looks at me like he still like me for two weeks we still talk every now and then then last week he gave me the death stare and yesterday . But today he smiled at me. He friends are still nice to me and still wants to be friends with me too. I'm so confused with my frex( friend ex) hes been giving me mixed signals. And do u guys think it would be a good idea to talk to him about this? Also any advice please? If u answer it is greatly appreciated.

Confusedgirl1326 April 15th, 2015

I think you should confront him about it . Because if he still wants to be with you then maybe you guys can give it another try. But if he's not, then you know not to keep your hopes up and you guys can just maintain a good friendship

wittyOak8698 April 15th, 2015

Okay thank you so much I think ik what do now and I feel better now thanks you again

wittyOak8698 April 17th, 2015

Aw dang it my friend has asked my frex about it so now I'm thinking of letting that question go and not ask it anymore and instead ask him what he wants from the friendship and if there's any boundaries he'd feels like there should be?