Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think we are headed toward divorce

brightTree5008 August 18th, 2022

We've only been married 2 years and already I feel like we have grown apart. We knew each other for a long time before. But pre-Covid we were both different people. I just felt I did everything and since I got Long Covid, I have become a shell of myself. He hasn't picked up the slack. He's becoming more childish every day, refusing to pick up trash, throwing dirty boxers on the ground instead of the hamper, not communicating then getting angry with me, using the silent treatment.

I don't know what to do. I've tried talking with him. He tells me he loves me but his actions speak way louder. I feel like a failure for my marriage not working.

Tariq47 August 18th, 2022

@brightTree5008

So sad to hear i feel your situation.i am really sorry he not understand your situation. Did you know why he feel and action like this please can you understand his situation. And what his is expection from you and he knows what is your expectations from him.did you shear that with each other.

heatlightning August 19th, 2022

I’m so sorry this is going on. It’s not right or him to do that. Even if he is upset about something he needs to at least tell you and not go silent on you. I know from experience when someone is choosing to go that route it can be next to impossible to get them to snap out of it.

i pray this is a phase and he speaks up and addresses what’s on his mind with you so you can fix it. No one, no partnership, no marriage is perfect so hopefully you can work through these things

ElenaGeneris August 22nd, 2022

@brightTree5008

_1661153518.image.png

barncat August 30th, 2022

@brightTree5008- so sorry to hear your health has diminished your identity. Our marriage vows do say "in sickness and in health". Are you able to negotiate how you can contribute to the previous chores, even if it small things at this time. I truly understand how one can feel like a shell of their previous self. Not a good feeling. Please take care. ❤️