Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can't stop

JasMGrey March 22nd, 2019

I keep checking my ex's best friends Instagram. She's also his ex and it's the only place I feel like I can get answers or see him. He didn't tell me about their past while we were together and a part of me feels like it's a way to figure out truths. I unfriended him on Facebook and he doesn't use Instagram so it's also the place I know what is going on in his life. I know I should move on and let things go but I keep going back. It doesn't help that whenever I do go to her page, I get this burning feeling in my chest like I'm on the verge of a npanick attack. I just want to find a way to move on because I definitely know that this is not healthy and that he is not healthy for me.

SLP2Be March 22nd, 2019

@JasMGrey- That's the problem with soical media we can find out everything. I found out who my husband cheated on me with through facebook. He dosen't have an account but the band he sang for did. I went on and looked for girls who made comments about him and it was the same girl a few times. Clicked on her profile and printed out her picture. He was shocked I found her that fast. She has since made all her accounts private and removed herself from the band page after I told her I'm gonna give her a beat down when I find her. I can still see her picture posted on another band's web page, the wh*re gets her face around it seems. I takes everything in my power to not go on FB and look at her. It does nothing but give me unbelievable anxiety, so I am right there with you. This whole thing has started panic attacks in me and it's awful so I feel so bad for you. I truly know that feeling you get in your chest, like your heart could jump out. It's been 2 months since I found out and he ended it right away. I am trying to obssess a little less each day. Some days I'm successful and other days I fall right back into doing it. I'm learning about tapping therapy to decrease my anxiety while I'm trying to figure out what my next move is. I hope you will check less fequently and maybe end up meeting someone who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. It's the dishonesty isn't it? Why lie, what purpose does it serve? I hope you find some peace you deserve it.