Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Husband had affair

Jesalyn April 24th, 2020

My husband had an affair 2 years ago. I keep slipping into depressed state when I am reminded of something that has to do with the affair. It takes me a long time to start feeling better and when I do, I just slip again.

I don't even know why I am posting...I just need someone to talk to I guess.

Mella312 April 29th, 2020

@Jesalyn

I'm sorry you have been going through this. I totally understand how you feel.

My husband had a full out affair about 10 years ago, which lasted 2 years. I found out about it in 2012. While it still hurts, I have learned to push away the resentment and hurt I feel, and focus on why the relationship is good now... I wish I could say you will forget, or that it will eventually go away, but I can't. The best I can say is learn to redirect the hurtful thoughts.

My husband has had a few other instances of infidelity since and I have reached the point where I cannot forgive anymore. The best advice I have been given is to weigh out if the positive things of the relationship outweigh the hurt.

faithlove1111 April 27th, 2020

@Jesalyn , Hurt is not easy to overcome. You sound like you are still hurting. Feel free to connect to a listener for a 1 to 1 chat anytime .

reliableSouth8979 June 18th, 2020

@Jesalyn

im so sorry your feeling low. I have watched several videos on YouTube from "Affair Recovery" that have greatly helped me- you may want to check it out.