Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

He cheated on me with prostitutes for the entirety of our relationship...

TheSeer May 17th, 2015

There. I said it. And God does it feel good to actually verbalize this fact.

I'm just going through such massive disillusionment right now and am horrified at the fact I was so thoroughly duped for years. Is this how people getting out of cults feel?

Anyway, it feels good to start addressing his abuse: physical, sexual, psychological, emotional.
Though I'm not completely prepared to pick the experience apart, I see a therapist on Wednesday.

Bleh :/ Any words of wisdom, shared experiences.... Anything would be appreciated. I'm hoping to channel this pain into making me a better person, though currently? It's hard to believe I'll able to be able to trust again but deep down I know I'll be so very happy someday. It'll take me by surprise and happen sooner than I'd ever expect. I just need to focus on becoming the person I was before the crazy-making, before the gaslighting started, before I was second guessing my every perception. Ugh :(

But now I'm ready. I'm so ready.

And I genuinely appreciate you all!

So, has anyone experienced anything similar?? I'd LOVE to hear your stories.

heavenlySun21 May 17th, 2015

You must feel betrayed. I think many people have been cheated on, with people who their partner may not even know well..I am one whos experienced this, and know people who's partners met someone online and then cheated. When it happened to me, i was glad I found out before i got some deadly STD..hope my story will help