Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Having a rough day.

Melloncollie1985 May 29th, 2016

Although i broke up with him almost a yr ago. He continued to stay in my life. We havent talked in over a wk now. Which bothers me but at the sametime im glad. But today is hitting me hard. My ex works for a company that does all the tires for the indy car series. So im watching the indy 500 (which i never would have b4, i hate racing) and all i can think about is him. I had a ticket with his family to go this yr but im sure his current girlfriend is there in my place. He is currently dating a girl that he cheated on me with a yr ago. Although i know i did what was best for me i still miss all the good times and feelings. I miss his family and all the stuff we did together. I just want to get over these feelings already. He cheated alot. He broke me down and left me a broken shell. I got out bc i knew i couldnt go on living my life like that anymore. Why cant i let go!?

May 29th, 2016

@Melloncollie1985 Like myself, I know the pain of letting go of a relationship when you remember the "good ol'times" instead of thinking about all the times they broke you down and hurt you. What you feel right now is completely normal but I know it's a unique experience for each person who experiences such a loss, so please don't think I'm just filing you under "just another case of heartbreak". I know no exact formula of moving on is going to work for everyone, only time and patience will help soothe the pain of betrayal and loss. Try not to get into a habit of looking at others who have move on from a breakup, you have ever right to mourn your relationship for however long it takes. I think that's a key step in recovering.

I know this may sound a little spiteful but he cheated on you and now he's with the girl that he slept with. He's her problem now, not yours. If he was able to do something so disrespectful and hurtful, he sounds like someone who isn't worth your time or tears. Remember, a zebra never loses it's stripes. You're still going to think of all the times he made you happy and smile but don't forget the times he left you absolutely alone. He's responsible for that and he left a good person. It's definitely his loss, not yours! You're going to find someone one day that is going to make you so happy and he's going to look back in regret.

I truly hope this helps a little. Take care! heart

Melloncollie1985 OP May 29th, 2016

@KindListening

Thank you for your kind words. Thats exactly what i needed to hear. Its been a long road and its not over yet unfortunately. I thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

May 29th, 2016

@Melloncollie1985 Take all the time you need to heal from your breakup. Just try to do little things that you enjoy, even if it still causes you pain in the back of your mind. Its going to get better, I promise you. Storms don't last forever. You're a strong and beautiful person heart