Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hahaha

peacefulforest75 October 28th, 2019

At a counseling session about co-parenting the other day, my ex brought up his version of a discussion we had months ago. It bothered me and seemed to detract from the parenting discussion, so I tried to write back to him with a gentle "let's move on" message. I apologized for our difficulties and said that I thought we had different expectations of marriage, and that I had assumed he wanted the same things I did.

He wrote back that he disagreed. I find this funny because I didn't say what my expectations or his were. I wouldn't claim to know his expectations, and I only clarified my own recently since we broke up. The fact that he jumps to assumptions was one of the problems we had in our marriage!

I guess one measure of moving on is when you find things that infuriated you are now amusing.

ivoryCamp2081 October 28th, 2019

@peacefulforest75 good job being strong and not being sucked into that negative whirlpool it seems like he was trying to start. But like we talked about before theres something that hes hiding/not trying to deal with and if hes not willing to do the basics such as listen to how you feel and not make assumptions, or try and make co parenting about him by bringing up old discussions then youre doing the right thing by moving on. Keep it up youre strong and trust me when I say when he see the bs and fake emotion dont work on you anymore hell change his whole attitude up. Congrats on your first step towards getting back to regaining your independence and happiness.