Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Broken, depressed a year later (late 20s)

Tacayo June 6th, 2018

Im starting to wonder if I lost my chance with a FWB I fell in love with because Im not as happy of a person as the next girl he met, who he became smitten with and made her his girlfriend. I saw him for a year 1-2/week with him always asking to see me and me being exhilarated to see him. We had a sexual relationship filled with sharing personal experiences and thoughts and wants. I felt like he was my soulmate. The One. Time came when I told him I wanted something more meaningful, and he didnt. He attempted to get me to come back several times to the same thing. Hed stop talking to me if I didnt want to come over. regardless, I still love him and cant seem to let go. So when I saw him treasure and cherish the next girl after me the way I wanted to be cherished, it absolutely crushed me.

i have never been in a relationship before. Ive been through a lot and have abandonment and love issues, but does that mean I never had a chance with him because of some inherent/innate sadness? Ive been told I am an old soul, but maybe other peoples saw it as sadness. I had to grow up and mature very fast, but I still fell in love and felt like a young teenager living her life.

ASilentObserver June 10th, 2018

@Tacayo Hey Tacayo <3 Welcome to the Relationship Support Community. We're glad to have you here.

I am sorry to hear about the event and I understand how it left you shattered and low. You know sometimes we do not know what exactly going on even if we try to openly communicate with them. It could be difficult to figure out his thoughts. Seems like it was his choice and decision.

Probably you would think for a fresh start with yourself? I know it would take time and it won't be easy to overcome those thoughts and feelings. We're here with you to support and we would be glad to make you feel better, if we could.

Thank you for reaching out. Sending hugs <3

Tacayo OP June 10th, 2018

@ASilentObserver

Thank you. His decision was definitely to not be with me. He also made the decision to want something serious with the next girl. I wish I could start anew but it feels like I