Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Broken Up vs On A Break

limegreenKite8869 June 28th, 2017

My boyfriend and I broke up three weeks ago. Essentially, he stated that I need to work on myself in order for this relationship to progress. To really love myself and be confident. My anxiety also kind of took control of the relationship and he felt that he had to carry all of the emotional suppport.

However, since then, we have been in constant communcation. Snapchats here and there with him responding "you're so stunning!" and other compliments. Text messages every so often with him calling me babe. I'm usually the one who sends the first message, but he's still responding. Not gone.

I guess I'm confused to what the difference is between broken up and on a break... and which one we're at :)

Anggi June 28th, 2017

@limegreenKite8869

Hey there, first of all thank you for sharing what you're going through with us! It's great to hear that you know what you want to work on and improve in regards to yourself. I think the first step is always to recognize that and then to figure out where you want to go from there. I'm sorry that right now you're feeling confused about whether you both are merely on a break or whether it's a break up since it seems that he still replies affectionately to your messages and your snapchats. If it's okay for me to ask, have you considered bringing this up with him? I know it can be daunting to just ask him right out, but it can really help to ask directly because that way you get a straight answer and you're less likely to come up with your own conclusions based on your own assumptions since none of us is a mind reader unfortunately :)

limegreenKite8869 OP June 29th, 2017

@Anggi

It almost scares me to ask. I think he and I are both in this weird limbo where we both are unsure what is going on. I feel almost "out of line" texting him or snapchatting him. Like I'm coming across desperate or needy.

SilentSerenityy July 8th, 2017

I've moved your thread to the Breakups and Divorce section.