Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Breaking Up on Good Terms

Gymqueen09 January 27th, 2020

So my boyfriend and I of almost 2 years have just decided that it may be in our best interest to break up. The last few months haven't been rough per se, but they also haven't been leaving us with a happy feeling like it used to.

Throughout our relationship, personal growth has been a big thing that we have strived for and together we were able to make such huge accomplishments in this regard. However, it seems in finding ourselves, our interests and desires in life started to differ. He wants to chase a productive life of continuous improvement whereas I want to chase a life full of happiness. For example, he started to see watching movies together as unproductive time (cause he was not improving himself in some way) whereas I saw it as bonding time.

Although I know it is probably for the best, it doesn't stop it from hurting as much as it does. It seems crazy to say goodbye to a person you still love that much and who still loves you back. It makes me think I'm making a mistake. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to handle the aftermath. Just something along the lines of what we could do in terms of maintaining a relationship still or not and how to handle the feelings that come with all this.

Thanks,

kitkat349 January 28th, 2020

@Gymqueen09 Well just do no contact but it just depends on if you are able to do no contact or if your still friends or not.