Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anything other than time to help?

kappa170 March 26th, 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm currently going through a really awful breakup, and it's more painful than I could have imagined, especially since I still have to work with him :(

At this point all non-necessary contact has been stopped, I've cleaned out my apartment of all his belongings and even gifts he had given me, and am basically trying to get rid of any reminders of him.

It's been a few months now, but I still find myself in awful pain and daily crying sessions. I still love him so much, and we can't see each other due to external factors, not because he doesn't love me, which makes it so hard :( I've never felt anything for anyone even close to what I still feel for him. And the fact that I don't have any good friends in my current city has made it really hard to cope.

I know everyone says only time fixes these things, but is there anything else I can do at this point? I'm so depressed and getting professional help and everything, but I just don't know how to get through my every day life :( Does anyone have any advice?

humorousPenguin6431 March 27th, 2016

@kappa170

Its not easy at all. I have been in your shoes. I remember working long hours so that I didn't have to be home and think. I watched movies. I read a funny book. I hung out with my friends. Also, consider baking and donating them. It'll keep you distracted. I am sorry you are going through this. I promise you time will heal. You'll find someone better. Don't let this defeat you.

soothingwind April 3rd, 2016

@kappa170 hi kappa am in your shoes now..same situation but it's a girl I loved for 4 years and it all ended because of external factors too.I work alone and don't have any friends that understand me in the current city..so every night when its around the time when we used to talk I break down...as I have no one else in my life who I could share everything with...also I can't throw away things that remind me of her as its probably everything I own...so am desperately looking for another job even if the pay is way less than what I earn were I can work mindlessly... I have tight deadlines and demanding projects right now with good pay..but I can't perform anymore it's like the joy and purpose of my life disaaeard... Hope we can get through this am sure time will tell...the hole in my life right now don't seem to have a replacement and I really need to move to a unknown country were I can get lost again...and leave all this behind..

oliveBalloon80 April 3rd, 2016

@kappa170 it sucks imagine having a child together.. Like me. Anyway. When I remember my last breakups (no child involved) I started a new hobby a new class to meet new guys. Like dancing classes. Or martial art classes... And usually that helped me..

alonesomeryder March 27th, 2016

@kappa170

There is a meditation on here (I don't remember what it is called) that was helpful to me in getting rid of old memories that would come up into my mind. I was told to visualize these as balloons and as I was thinking about them, they would float off and disintegrate. You might find it helpful. Distraction has also helped me. I try to read a book quite often, and I have a goal of riding my bike 1000 miles this year. Yes, time does help heal wounds, but there is nothing wrong with a bandage and antibacterial cream and even a dose of physical therapy to help the healing along.

-Dave

Heartbroken1962 April 3rd, 2016

Actually I do have a great tip: tapping. Mercola.come. you can do it anywhere and it helps. I bought a course from Breakup Doctor and a video in it showed how to tap. But I think video was from Mercola. For the first time in a very long time, I'm in less pain. Last week was the worst. Tapping isnt the reason, but it helps.