Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The feeling of Loneliness

Retr0ne March 23rd, 2023

Whats it like being alone? Is it…when you are the only person in a space? Sure. But is that it? I dont think so, even if that is the definition.

I know several of us feel alone in crowds. Alone in groups. Alone in a room of yelling people. We can be alone, even when alone doesnt meet its own definition.

So what do i mean by "Alone"? I think it's an umbrella term. And if you think about it, it makes sense. Alone means so much more than just by yourself.

It means you feel like nobody around you is there for you. Nobody is there to emphasize for you. Nobody sympathizes with you. Nobody feels how you do.

Alone means you feel like there is nobody else in the world who feels for you or understands. To be Alone is…its a common feeling.

Some of us are less alone when we are alone, some of us have more people who feel like is when we are alone. Some of us are always alone…

…and that hurts a little.

Optimisticempath March 28th, 2023

@Retr0ne well said 💕 loneliness can mean differently for different people. The somewhat comforting thing is a reminder that we aren't alone in feeling lonely 😅