Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My dumb writing projects

I'm going to sleep soon, but I feel like I should try and start to interact with people.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll post some of my writing attempts.

MistyMagic September 1st, 2022

@TheOnlySentientCoffeeMugThatWeKnowOf

I look forward to it. And no project is dumb, they all have value and I bet you are a great writer. Sleep well!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

innateJoy9602 September 1st, 2022

Hello,

Sharing your writing would be such a wonderful thing!

I look forward to it as well! 💛✨

September 1st, 2022

I'm also looking forward to it 👍

For now, I think I'm just going to write out the very basics of my world. To be perfectly honest I forgot to write, heh.

This story, or rather the story I will write soon, takes place on a planet identical to earth, and by all means other than population, is earth. The population is comprised of anthropomorphic animals, who have created technology very similar to our own, with slight modifications to better fit each species unique characteristics. Now, unlike every other furrybait story ever, the world is practically in ruins. With an ultra-capitalist government, governed by the predators. There is only one rule vastly different from our own society. Any prey animal can be bought or sold by anyone for food.

There are of course a few places of refuge for prey animals. This is where Kai comes in. Kai is, in my own words, a tiny little bunny scientist hell bent on eugenics. He believes the only way prey can rise up against predator, is if the prey is question could process meat.

Although his cause is good, his methods are not. Any failed "experiments", he simply abandons. One of these failed experiments, is named Eli. Eli is a 25 year old goat, although he does not look it. Due to Kia's genetic experiments, Eli was born stunted, and even now only reached 4' tall.

Eli, is able to process meat. Due to a loophole in the predator laws, he is able to be elected for senator.

" Any person(s) over the age of twenty, with the ability to process meat, may run for senator." - The Texas Predator Book Of Law.

Surprisingly, quite a lot of predators are sympathetic, and more than open to alternative food sources. Were Eli to not be killed before the election(foreshadowing!!!), he could topple the malicious predator government.

Ok that's maybe a bad summary, but, that world is what I'm going to base my writing off of. Although, I'm not gonna follow Eli or Kai. I have infinitely more interesting plans.

Strawberrymitts101 September 3rd, 2022

Nothing is mightier than the pen nor more powerful than the human imagination. Write to your hearts content 🙂

@Strawberrymitts101

_I do understand the sentiment, but I believe nothing is stronger than the atom bomb!

September 6th, 2022

I like your sense of humor! 😂 and I just googled this, "What is more powerful than the atomic bomb?" and this is what came up:

1.) A Hydrogen bomb is a much more powerful atomic weapon. The energy released in a Hydrogen bomb is several magnitudes higher than an Atom bomb. Hydrogen bombs can devastate whole cities in one explosion. A Hydrogen bomb derives its energy through the fusion of atoms.

2.) The yield of a thermonuclear bomb can be hundreds to thousands of times more powerful than the atomic bomb. The explosive power of an atomic bomb is often measured in kilotons, or one thousand tons of TNT, while thermonuclear bombs are generally measured in megatons, or one million tons of TNT.

Thanks for the joke, otherwise I would never have looked it up👍

Alright. I planned to write the first "chapter" tonight, but my plans have changed, mood swings triggered by my parents.

I will nevertheless, at least explain what I will be writing.

I will be following two characters, Paige, an amorphous slime oc I made once, and.. yeah, Paige is my fursona. Also my pfp.

And second, "Wolfie Gray", an anonymous internet user working for prey who blackmails predator politicians.

What does Paige do, you may ask? Some good old espionage! Her amorphous nature allows her to nearly perfectly replicate any person, naturally, she is amazing at infiltration.

I can only hope all of you like what I do with the two characters(they get married /hj)

_A completely unrelated project!:

_"You don't look a day over rigor mortis.".

Paige muttered, walking through the halls of an apartment building clad in improvised cloth and metal armor covering most of her features, occasionally stumbling over the corpses littering the floor. The walls were... bloody, although the blood was mostly dried, coating the decaying flower-print wallpaper with a red-ish-brown goo.

"The hell is rigor mortis, anyway?", replied Eri after an uncomfortable amount of time.

"Learn some Latin if your want to know so badly".

As Paige and Eri walked the rotting halls, they felt nostalgic. Last time they had been here, the corpses were fresh, and far more humanoid than they are now. The bodies on the ground now looked almost inhuman, with countless limbs protruding from their pre-existing limbs and torsos. Oddly enough, their heads were mostly intact, with the occasional cancerous mass growing from their mouths.

"Which one is your apartment again?" Asked Paige.

"Um, 203, the 2 fell off years ago though.".

"And where exactly is the gun?".

"In a case, under the foot of the bed, the code is... 203. The gun is a-"

"Real secure code ya got there.".

They didn't speak again until they made it to apartment 203. However, the first thing they noticed was an open door. Their hearts dropped, they could only hope the gun was still there.

_The time was 8PM, it was getting dark, and very cold, abnormally so for an Autumn evening, but the rally went on. This rally happened to be taking place in a large parking lot a few hundred meters from a mall. And as darkness grew, so did the crowd in the parking lot. Faces among that crowd were all carnivore, nearly each and every one cheering for the politically charged speech. As time approached 10PM, the speaker finally stepped down. The speaker in question, was a middle aged, and quite well dressed panther named James Hogue. As he walked to his car, a few followed him, some reporters, and some civilians, along with a few that were clearly angry with the ideologies he represented.

One among them however, struck Hogue as odd, a small and clearly teenaged mustelid - he could tell by the tail and general build - in a dark red hoodie, grey basketball shorts, and what looked like extremely thin-framed glasses. Although James could not tell, as the mustelid had most of their face covered by their hood.

Hogue stood next to his car, staring at the mustelid as they approached, James could now make out that the mustelid was a ferret, brown fur around the eyes and white surrounding the brown.

Wind was beginning to pick up, James opened his car and got in, quickly driving off, not even bothering to put his seat belt on until he was out of sight from that ferret. James encountered very little traffic on his way home, which seemed extremely odd to him. James was beginning to get superstitious. Something about that ferret seemed like a bad omen. Wind was picking up, a storm was approaching, James could hear the thunder in the distance.

God, I think I'm just going to order food tonight. Hogue thought as he pulled into his driveway, the house of which it belonged to was small, much smaller than the salary his suit would suggest he had. The neighborhood was of the same magnitude. Street lamps were either off or extremely dim, the cars in other driveways were beat up and old, a sense of uneasiness hung over the entire block.

_Well, um, that's the first page or two of Wolfie's story, they'll appear soon, I promise. Also, yeah if you know who I'm referencing with that name I gave James, you'll be able to guess his whole deal. I think I'm going to reference a lot of interesting but terrible people for all the uh, politicians characters.

_Any feedback and/or criticism is very very much appreciated, keep in mind I will almost certainly be changing some of this for the better when I have time.

corinnajoyhenryluv November 12th, 2022

your title made me laugh. I don’t know why. Youre funny! ❤️