Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Infection. My newest book series.

AmyGrace55555 June 22nd

Warning: there is mention of trauma.

Book One: Identify

By: Parker, Amy Grace

Who’s to say that we don't know anything. See that’s where they are wrong. They haven’t experienced the same things as us. On the brim of falling apart, everyone close to us looked up at the sky, where as we looked down. No, not close to ourself. How could we be? Understanding ourself, yes. Being close and trusting, no. There is no we can trust ourself after the incident. We needed a way to cope. A coping mechanize that apparently didn’t exist. Why would it... 

Amy looked over the previously written paragraph. Pessimistic much? Very. 

I looked her up and down the looked at the paragraph. I didn’t want to make assumptions, but my mind was way ahead of me. Endless scenarios and escalating spiral developed. “Why.” Not a question, rather a statement. 

Amy looked at me. There were no innocence in those eyes. She knew. I had locked the doors at the beginning, but she knew that. Her eye contact was the reason I was holding my pocket watch tightly. She was likely going to jump for it. 

Amy tilted her head a few degrees to her left as a big grin appeared across her face. “Nervous are we?” 

I jolted awake in bed. “No!” I yelled. Then I broke down crying.

One of the caretakers opened the door gently, came and sat by my sobbing younger self. She cared. Amanda was the only one who cared. She would fight for any of our lives, but she truly cared about as if we were her own kids. “The nightmares won’t stop,” I cried. She hugged me. 

“They will once she is gone.”

“Will they though? I can’t do this!” I started to pace the room. 

I still understood the feeling my younger self expressed. The trauma and the pain here there. Even though Amy never existed, even though none of the experiments actually happened, even though the pain of the memories that were burned into my mind never actually took place, I still felt the weight. I felt the heaviness of everything that 11 year old went through. 

In the beginning, when I took my first breath, the world was evil. The world had gotten better in those 14 years and one month. I would say that it only got worse. Children were suffering from things that never happened and the world was on the verge of WW3. The Mandela Effect is what I was told had happened. According to Google “The Mandela Effect is a type of false memory that occurs when many different people incorrectly remember the same thing. It refers to a widespread false memory that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 1980s. Memories are not always precise recordings of events.” Imagine that. 30 kids ranging from ages 11-17 remembering a girl named Amy. 

Who she was specifically wasn’t important. She was represented with 3 things consistently through out all the memories. She had a circular glasses frame, an obsession with crows and their representation, and an irreplaceable vibe. She seemed trustworthy in a sense that others could go to her and she would listen and likely relate to them. She was different around me though. 

There were 4 alternate memories that the children had experienced with her, or technically 5 alternate memories. I was the only one with the 5th memory. 

(: Author’s quick note: everything here is fictional. None of this happened or anything like that. (Yes, this chapter was really short.) Thank you for reading! I hope to have chapter 2 out soon. (: Have a great day!

juliaistired June 23rd

@AmyGrace55555 its really good Amy! Im really excited for the next chapter! 

AmyGrace55555 OP July 7th

Tw: abuse, neglect 

Chapter 2

Identity 

Book One: Identify

By: Parker, Amy Grace

He came and sat next to me. It didn’t surprise me that he was here, he was one of the other people who actually cared. This 13 year old boy was laying his head on my shoulder. He wanted love just as much as me.

This was an era where there was little hope for love. Welcome to the 21st century. Parents are so involved with their work that they forget about their children. Or their children become such a problem that they beat them. Neglect. That’s what it was. Something that went unnoticed by others for years, almost decades is the same thing that happened to me at 14 years old.

I understand by that age that we should be old enough to fend for ourselves right? Wrong. Our parents are still required to give us food, shelter, depending on where you live, even education. I got that. I was given meals every day, which is more than some people. I was given a place to call home. I was given a private education. But no matter how amazing and fantisful that sounds to some. I didn’t see it that way. What you didn’t see was a rejected, broken little girl. Broken by the world because people refused to love and embrace those who were lost. 

It was an era of pain to say the least.

I was given meals that wouldn’t fill me, not because of any lack of funds, but because it would be wrong to give a child a luxury that they might not get when they were older. 

The home I was given wasn’t home. I was nothing but a reminder of all the horrible things I said to parents after all the horrible things they did. It does matter how much or how little my pain was, but in the end pain is still pain. 

Those moments are the ones that I’ll never forget. I will admit though that some of those moments were my fault. I would say something immature sometimes. I have said some very hurtful things in this era. 

I was taught since I was a young child to forgive and forget. When I did something wrong, my parents would forgive and forget usually. But what do you do when the person who did the wrong thing remembers every one of their faults. It weighs on them- weighs on me, up til the breaking point. 

“Do you want me to leave?” 

I looked up at a concerned look on Ray’s face. I had gotten lost in my thoughts. “Sorry Ray- I just got lost in thought.”

He nodded as he understood. “So, will you tell me what happened on November 5, 2023 or 2015?” 

I looked at him in shock. He shouldn’t know the significance of those days. The voice in my head whispered to me to tell him about ground 0. 

“No, you would freak out.”

“Then you don’t know me very well.”

“Fine. I’ll tell you what happened, but you can’t tell anyone, including mom and dad. Who told you about it anyway?”

“Amanda.” 

“Mom? You do realise she passed away in 2022.”

“Yes. But she told me. We are different and you are old enough to learn this now. I wish it never happened.”

Author’s note: apologies that this took so long. This is the 3rd version of this chapter 🥲😅. I think when book one is over, I’ll see if anyone wants to see alternate versions lol. Anyways, thanks for waiting. (:

AmyGrace55555 OP July 7th

@AquaNyo303  @juliaistired

juliaistired July 7th

This is really good amy! Really excited to see what really did happen in November 5th.