Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Novels

Saphie225 February 14th, 2022

Hello fellow writers!

is anyone writing a current book or novel? If so what’s it about?

does anyone have advice about publishing?

I’m excited to hear from you all!

MistyMagic February 15th, 2022

@Saphie225 I have investigated self-publishing on kindle. it looks pretty easy and there is no rejection from sending our manuscripts lol.

like @purplePeach6760 I tend to choose topics I know well, so my life, things that have happened, animal stories etc. What about you?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

MistyMagic February 18th, 2022

@purplePeach6760 Those are all important topics. I find writing really helps me, what about you?

aragorn2 February 15th, 2022

I feel like I need to write, but when I put words on paper it’s cringe worthy, infantile, crap.

@aragorn2 I think we all feel like that at first. I was given the advice to just write. Don't read it back, just type and type and type (which is easier than pen or pencil and paper. I found then that the words flowed and just spilled out of my fingers and mind onto the page in front of me.

Reading back and editing can be very tricky to do, and I think we are all our own best enemy, super critical and then it can damage our self-esteem. So write, write, write and then rest. Getting the words down is the main point of focus, and then when we have done that we can be a harsh critic and edit when we are stronger and have the words released from within us?

Conqueralion1 February 15th, 2022

I’ve been in the process of trying to write a book for years now but have yet to actually finish it lol. It’s my dream to one day finish and publish it.

@Conqueralion1 That sounds like me and a sewing project I have had for many years lol! I really hope you do follow that dream, and start today!