Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

fear of the blank page

MemoryWriter11 October 13th, 2022

I heard that often that the fear of the blank page can be broken if you just scribble something in the middle of a notebook but I umm.. eheh... eheh... can't do that and won't feel good about it. I only can do it with sketchbooks... and I needed to train myself to do it 😳
yet I am an avid perfectionist πŸ˜” it's so bad that I can wait a year with a blank notebook to gather up the courage to write in it.
recently I found that if I just doodle corner ornaments in the first few pages can actually help.
πŸ€” the semester at my uni has started in September, and I actually decided to use a nice dotted notebook of mine for note-taking. it's a cheap Flying Tiger planner, but oh my butterfly, isn' it so beautiful still~
nevertheless, I had to take notes during classes, so it gave me a boost. a very scary boost. but... after a month, I managed to set up a system as I went and I am so grateful for past myself for this decision :3

_1665685786.20221013_202827.jpg

SleepyShyCat October 14th, 2022

@MemoryWriter11

Looking good! Fear of the blank page is very real πŸ™€ I am also guilty of hoarding empty notebooks I can't bear to write in yet.. Maybe I can try out your tip of corner doodles πŸ€” Good job on breaking the blank page fear in this book! 😺

MemoryWriter11 OP October 14th, 2022

thank you :3

corner doodles are great. I hope they will help you, too.

gracefulYellow2444 December 9th, 2022

@MemoryWriter11 I love your handwriting!

KarmaTheRascal December 20th, 2022

@MemoryWriter11

Proud of you. πŸ’œ