Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

book adaptations!!

bubblegumL4314 October 27th, 2023

heyyyy!!!!

I just started reading the shadowhunters book series, im on city of bones. I saw the tv show years back and I really liked it but I've been told the adaptation is nothing like the books, anyone has an opinion about that?

or in general, what books do you love that have movie or tv show adaptations?

thankssss, 

bubbles :)

yourmidastouchonthechevydoor November 2nd, 2023

@bubblegumL4314

I wish more of my favorite books had movie adaptations, but here’s the ones that do, or are in the making! (Btw, as usual, all the books are better than the shows/movies)

Red, White & Royal Blue

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo 

Call Me by Your Name 

It

All The Bright Places

Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda 

thats all I can think of but ik there’s more, they’ll come to me.

Here’s some random book recommendations because they’re good books.

(They’re all Thriller/mystery)

a good girls guide to murder series by Holly Jackson (this is also a show now but it’s honestly so *** just read the books at this point.)

Five Survive by Holly Jackson (honestly better than the more popular agggtm series)

The Inheritance Games (I have a feeling it’ll be turned into a show or movie) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

that’s not what happened by Kody Keplinger 

Dead Girls Can’t Tell Secrets by Chelsea  Ichaso (theres so many plot twists its crazy)

They'll Never Catch Us by Jessica Goodman

This Delicious Death by Kayla Cottingham (def check tw before reading.)

The Lakehouse by Kate Morton

And the book I’m currently reading, which already has me hooked, The Ivies by Alexa Donne.

bubblegumL4314 OP November 2nd, 2023

@yourmidastouchonthechevydoor

oh my god this is great I have so many new books to read thank uuuuu!!! 

I've read a couple of these, like the inheritance games and all the bright places and I've heard such good things about five survive so I think I will get to read that sometime soon : )