Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Love Reading! Any Recs?

19Rin22 October 4th, 2023

Hello, all! I'm a woman of many hobbies, but one of my favorites is reading! I always find myself diving into a new book when I'm feeling any kind of distressful emotions. I mainly and mostly love the genres of thriller, mystery, horror, and literary fiction. I always give everything a try, but I just fall so quickly in love with a serious page-turner. Thanks to all and look forward to hearing from you !

PreciousReflection October 4th, 2023

@19Rin22

Don't know if this falls into your usual categories, (perhaps literary fiction a little bit?), but I am reading The Wheel of Time fantasy series by Robert Jordan. It is very engrossing and goes on forever (14 books at 1000 pages each). Also, would recommend The Lord of the Rings series as well, another classic. Not sure you would enjoy fantasy, but maybe give it a try?

For literary fiction I also enjoyed most books by the Russian author Fyodor Dostoevsky like The Idiot, Crime and Punishment, etc. Could recommend many others as well, but perhaps check out the most popular/greatest books on goodreads.com.

Hope this helps. Happy reading!

spicyavocado3788 October 4th, 2023

I subscribed to this thread 😊💚

jj228 October 28th, 2023

Check out Lisa Gardner! She has several series, but my favorite is the Detective D.D. Warren series. Great suspenseful page-turners!

JoyfulPumpkin October 28th, 2023

I highly recommend the book Blindness by the Portuguese author José Saramago, it is a 1995 novel, and one of Saramago's most famous. I think I can say that it is kind of a post-apocalyptic story. But you have to read it to see, hope you enjoy it.

FaePirate18 October 29th, 2023

@19Rin22 Apricots and Wolfsbane by K. M. Pohlkamp

Queen of Swords(and the books that came before it) by R. S. Belcher

those are my two most grown up novels, i have a lot of young adult because it's my favorite style of writing.

yourmidastouchonthechevydoor November 2nd, 2023

@19Rin22 I have a couple, so prepare yourself.

firstly, the one I’m reading rn, which has me hooked, The Ivies by Alexa Donne.

Five Survive by Holly Jackson

Dead Girls Can’t Tell Secrets by Chelsea Ichaso (this one is very good to get you and keep you hooked. I read it in less than a day, I couldn’t put it down.)

that’s not what happened by Kody Keplinger 

The Lakehouse by Kate Morton

and finally, my favorite book ever,

The Heatwave by Kate Riordan.

ThoughtLight December 1st, 2023

@19Rin22 Asylum by Patrick McGrath. While reading you won't believe what's happening. I honestly can't believe it hasn't been turned into a movie. Forensic psychiatry, betrayal, and loving the wrong person are big themed. After it you will want to explore more books by the author. Psychiatry finds it's way into most. As well as a gothic theme.