New Interview!

fireworks-firework.gif

Who could it be?

Interviewee: @EmpathysGarden

Interviewer: @heathermarie95

🎉 HeatherM:

What is your self-care routine?

EmpathysGarden:

My self care routine starts as soon as I wake up. I do my best to not hop on my phone and start checking emails and to-do lists first thing in the morning. I dedicate at least the first 15 minutes to just breathing, being aware of my breath, and honing in on my spatial awareness. Meditation and Systematic Muscle Relaxation are my favorite ways to practice remaining in the present. Through the day I keep a journal tracking my behaviors and even jot down limiting or negative thoughts to reframe. Lastly, I always write 3-5 things I’m grateful for an accomplished by the end of the day. 

🎉 HeatherM:

Why did you decide to join 7Cups as a listener?

EmpathysGarden:

Honestly, it was a sort of spur of the moment decision. I had heard about 7 cups and their mission before, but I had never dreamed of becoming a listener. 7 month into the year, deeper into my own personal healing journey, I decided that helping others was something that not only aligned with my values but made me feel better about my day. One thing led to another, and I fell in love with the community and all of the wonderful people within it. It’s honestly one of the most empowering and uplifting spaces I’ve ever had the honor of being apart of. 

🎉 HeatherM:

What is one quote you live by?

EmpathysGarden:

As a book worm, this is a tortuous question for me. There are so many quotes that I feel have really impacted me and influenced me at different times in my life. If I had to choose one quote that has really stuck with me and helped me through the years, it would be:

“For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.” —Michelle Obama

For me and my perfectionist tendencies, this quote helps me remind myself to embrace the process of becoming instead of obsessing over a specific task or goal. 

🎉 HeatherM:

What is your favorite role that you hold on 7Cups? Why?

EmpathysGarden:

I really enjoy being a forum supporter, but my favorite role that I hold on 7 cups is a Peer Appreciation team member. The positivity and uplifting energy that exists among the team members, appreciators, and appreciated individuals is so heart warming. Being able to enjoy a corner of positivity during an otherwise busy and stressful day is so relaxing. Creating graphics is also an amazing artistic outlet that anyone can learn easy peasy with Canva. 

🎉 HeatherM:

If you could be any animal what would it be and why?

EmpathysGarden

Hehe <3 this is such a fun question! I think I’m torn between being a meerkat or a Fennec fox. They’re so cute! Also meerkat families like to stick together and prioritize teaching and nurturing their children.

screenshot-2024-01-10-at-1-54-02-pm_1704912852.png

This interview is part of the Living with Leaders interview series. If you want to give/take an interview too, fill out the Living with Leaders interview form here: https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7

Positivity Friends Taglist: @amazingYellow9379 @BenittaJ @BobbyX @bobCatz @Brahmm @CalmRosebud @Capana4u @ChillingRain @chyni @Claritea @Clio9876 @compassionateArrow7396 @courageousSnowflake22 @DanCat1128 @depreshunned @dreamIcicle8467 @EmpathysGarden @Ervie @fristo @HachiBee @heathermarie95 @Kristynsmama @Lovelilly @MoonPhase7 @OllieRNLI999 @Parkey46 @protostarr @safetysource12 @tranquilBlossom79 @yourcaringconfidant @ZendagiMigzaraaa

If anyone wishes to be added or removed from this taglist, please drop a pm to @fristo or @heathermarie95

@heathermarie95 @EmpathysGarden

Riley, thank youu for sharing more about you hehe, was so nice being a part of this interview. Must say, it's been super fun interacting with your thought provoking posts in the forumland as well as witnessing all the positivity and kindness you've been spreading around as a smile spreader. You are fantabulous at it and I'm sooo grateful we are sharing this lovely community space. 💖

Thank youu for carrying on with this wonderful interview series so beautifully, Heather. You're a rockstar!😃

YourCaringConfidant January 10th

@heathermarie95 Another amazing interview you have given. *claps* Thanks for all you do for the community. 

@EmpathysGarden I have really enjoyed reading and learning more about you. I am so glad to have met you in LCR and I am glad you give your all to being the best listener you can be. I will be honest, I had a feeling smile spreader would be mentioned because when we met I remember you telling me and 🐻. You are so passionate and it's beautiful! Stay amazing. ♡

7a7a3afb-5498-4856-8517-a08cf349c680_1704929311.jpeg

Claritea January 17th

Excellent interview, clever way to begin the day. I love meditating right after I wake up too.