Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Community Projects & Events

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
September is Self-Care Awareness Month: Events & Help Wanted!
by Heather225
Last post
Saturday
...See more Here at 7 Cups, we believe self-care is essential to maintaining good mental health. This month, we're dedicating ourselves to helping you prioritize your well-being. Why is Self-Care Important? Just like a car needs regular maintenance to run smoothly, we need to take care of ourselves to function at our best. Self-care helps us manage stress, improve our mood, and boost our overall well-being. It empowers us to show up for ourselves and those around us in a more positive and balanced way. How We're Celebrating! Throughout September, we'll be featuring a variety of self-care content, covering a range of topics across forum posts and live sessions. Join the Celebration! We want you to be a part of this! Here's how you can get involved: āœØ Join the Community Self-Care Bingo activity called Be Well Bingo [https://www.7cups.com/forum/community/BeWellBingo_2674/IntroducingBeWellBingoCommunitySelfCare_336352/] āœØ Sign up for a Wellness and Accountability group Huddle here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/groupmod/7CupsHuddles_2394/WellnessAccountabilityHuddlesApplyNow_336610/]Ā  āœØĀ Read our self-care guide here [https://www.7cups.com/experts/article/self-care-the-essential-guide-to-nurturing-your-well-being-and-embracing-a-fulfilling-life] We want to empower you to join in and lead your own contributions too!Ā  Visit our sheet of proposed ideas. Sign up for any you think you could write about! Or if thereā€™s something thatā€™s close to your heart youā€™d like to touch upon, feel free to put it down on the signup sheet and take the lead! Please donā€™t feel constrained by the ideas already listed. This is a community-wide contribution effort. Write it up and publish it - simple as that! Who can do these? Anyone! First time or donā€™t know where to begin? Reach out to these folks for guidance! @CheeryMango @ASilentObserverĀ @Heather25 @SoulfullyAButterfly Everyone who participates will earn the Wellness Warrior badge! Together, let's make September a month of self-love, recharging, and well-being.
Forum Engagement Challenge: Confirmation Forum Post for July
by tommy
Last post
July 27th
...See more Hello everyone! We are very excited to once again reach a hand out to you and ask for your help. Our community needs your help and support to continue to provide a welcoming, inclusive and supportive place for all. This is the thread where you can confirm your desire to support us on our July engagement challenge! You can find out more information about our forum engagement challenges here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/projectsandevents/General_2421/ForumEngagementChallenge_326174/]. How to Confirm Your Participation: * Reply to this Post: Drop a quick comment below stating that you're in for the challenge. Feel free to share your excitement or any thoughts you have about the initiative. * Track Your Progress: Once you've completed 7 meaningful replies within the designated period, return to this thread to confirm your completion. You can simply comment again, letting us know you've successfully completed the challenge. * Share Your Experience, if you can: We'd love to hear about your journey throughout the challenge. What insights did you gain? Did you notice any positive impacts on your engagement within the community? Share your experiences with us and inspire others to join in! Also please feel free to invite your friends in the challenge by tagging them here. Top tip: we currently have a number of people awaiting a response to their post. Can you help us clear the needs reply queue? You can find the threads which are currently waiting a reply by clicking the 'Needs reply' tab on this page [https://www.7cups.com/community/]. Let us know if you experience any difficulties with accessing these!
7 Cups Admin Event Wrap-up & Appreciation!
by Heather225
Last post
July 10th
...See more Thanks to those who showed up for our annual BIrthday Admin event! It was all the right kinds of fun chaos that speaks to the vibrancy of our community. For those who couldn't make it, that's okay! Here's what we covered: Icebreaker: What's one wish you have for 7 Cups this year? (Please reply below with yours!!) Leadership:Ā PB Award [https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/General_2444/Announcingthe2024PBAwardWinners_332203/] &Ā Smalls Award [https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/General_2444/The2024SmallsAwardWinners_332204/] announcements Community recognition: Paper Plate Awards [https://www.7cups.com/forum/projectsandevents/CommunityActivitiesEvents_1908/7Cups11thBirthdayPaperPlateAwardsNominationsopen_331637/] readings. Submissions are closed but we will present everyone's in a special slideshow to be shared here in the forums ASAP! Every one of you helps make 7 Cups possible, and we wouldn't be here without you, especially YOU our members! You are the soul of the community! From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all and wish you an amazing rest of this birthday month! And look forward to our community compilation birthday video to be dropped on our official birthdate, the 7th!!Ā šŸ„³
Fristo Retires
by
Last post
April 27th
...See more Hi Fristo, we hear you are retiring. Tell us more about what you mean by retiring! Q: What do you mean by you are retiring? Fristo: It is simple. I am retiring from 7cups. I have been very active on 7cups, especially in the last many months, it is my time to retire. I have new commitments in my off-cups life that demand and deserve my most of time and energy, if not all my time and energy. Q: Does it mean you'd disappear from 7cups altogether? Fristo: I wish I could. But that won't be possible for me, given the love I have felt and expressed for the community over the period of my stay. So I'd still be seen occasionally but won't be committed to any role whatsoever. Q: What about the Living with Leaders interviews, would you still be posting them? Fristo: I might! But as I said, no commitment anymore. I might or might not. The interviews have been happening once a week since October start of last year without a break, but now these interviews would be occasional and might stop happening altogether too at some point unless someone else might like to take over the project. Q: Would you be available to help with the Peer Appreciation Project [https://www.7cups.com/forum/AppreciationGratitude_170/PeerAppreciationProgram_2310/PeerAppreciationProgramFAQ_274239/] you led? Fristo: My project agents and team members have been awesome and I know they will continue to do awesome. I'd be happy to offer my suggestions when I am around, but there is no guarantee of how frequently I'd be around. Q: What are your wishes for the community? Fristo: May we use the 7cups space for exploring, developing, and expressing kindness in us. When you do that, that is when 7cups is at its best for you. More than you look to be served, look to serve. More than you expect to receive, give. The same applies to life in general. Q: What 7cups gave you? Fristo: It gave me a platform where I could serve through the simple and powerful act of active listening. I am going to carry the active listening tool to all my ventures in life. Active listening is a powerful message for the world in itself. May this message get louder and clearer through the efforts of this wondrous community. Q: Would you like to share with us what would deserve your energy off-cups? Fristo: I am a teacher and I would be busy making lessons and taking classes. I feel in doing so lies my best potential for the world. I teach not only a subject, but via the subject, I teach good conduct and character. Because the education of living well is the education that truly and lastingly matters. Q: Anything else? Fristo: If you ever miss me, take a moment to do a small act of kindness, which could be as simple as offering someone a smile emoji (or an actual smile if you are meeting in person) along with greeting them well. Put aside your personal sorrows for a moment and wish someone well. Q: Would you be completely back at 7cups any day in the future? Fristo: If I feel inspired enough, then a big yes! Wherever I am, I need to believe that I am living the best of my soul and energy. So when I am at a place, I look to turn things upside down and make a heaven come true in that place. I don't know to live any way else but to be a revolution. Maybe if another day I believe again I have much more to serve at 7cups than what little I could, I'd happily offer my days and nights to it again. Living with Leaders Tag-list: @Dallady @HealingTalk @SkylarListens @ThoughtfulBlossom @Zarram77 ļ»æAdd/remove yourself from the above tag-list by posting here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/CommunityProjectsEvents_184/LivingwithLeaders_2290/LivingwithLeadersAutomatedTaglist_275290/] Peer Appreciation Team: @bubblingBreeze14 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @GloriaD @WarmLightXO @rrretsuko @Reemhelpp @GoldenRuleJG @crang17 @funnyZebra5328 @mamtasha22 @MelodyoftheOcean @anjellyna @asilentbunny @gentleFox20 @Stevie1 @TheRusticMystic74 This interview is part of the Living with Leaders Interview Series. Learn about the series here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/CommunityProjectsEvents_184/LivingwithLeaders_2290/LivingwithLeadersAnInterviewSeriestoGettoKnowourAdminsandAmbassadors_260516/]
Interviewing our Leaders - AnnaSilverberg!
by Heather225
Last post
April 20th
...See more It's my turn and honor to interview the interviewer! She's the orchestrator of the Interviewing our Leaders Series - @AnnaSilverberg! Anna is a Quality Ambassador who collaborates with @EvelyneRose on driving the Quality Mentor Program and specializes in all things new listeners! How did you find Cups? I wanted to provide some support in a positive way and turned to Google to help me search. I had heard it often that it was good to talk to me and I wanted to be able to give my support to more people, to help others feel less alone in this big world that weā€™re in. So, when I saw Cups, I signed up and started my listener journey. I am very glad that I did, because I am a part of an amazingly magical community of wonderful people.Ā  What do you do on Cups? I do a little bit of everything, I am an Ambassador & Evelyneā€™s assistant. I focus mostly on our Quality Mentors and newbie and listener quality in general, help out with making Cups a safe place to be in. I focus on bringing important information to our listeners, either through Forum posts or in the Listener Support Room (LSR). I am also a Smile Spreader, an ATL (Adult Teen Listener), Peer & Chat Supporter andĀ  a Quality Mentor for both adults and teens. A Quality Mentor Leader for the Anonymous Evaluations team and a Global Moderator for our chat rooms. As well as being the unofficial 7Cups librarian šŸ˜› How do you like to start your day? I love to start the day with a cup of coffee and write in my Gratitude journal. Putting my focus on the positive things in life is a wonderful way to start the day What is your most favorite weekend activity? Going to the dog park with my dogs or a walk, I also like visiting family and friends for sure.Ā  How important is self-care to you? It is as important as breathing! Self-care is our way to make sure that we are feeling balanced and are taking care of our mental and emotional wellbeing. What motivates you? Projects, tasks and to do lists. I love it when I have things to do, itā€™s kind of a fuel for me. I like being busy, my ADHD thrives on it.Ā  If you could be an animal, what would you be and why? Definitely an Orca, they are intelligent and have a community amongst themselves. They are emotional creatures for sure and do like to have the occasional fun. Team Coffee or Team Tea? Coffee, always coffee What is your greatest strength? Hmm, Iā€™d say my positivity and empathy. I do love focusing on opportunities and to provide support. If you could do one good thing today, what would it be? I would let the people around me know how much I appreciate them. Sometimes we get so lost in our everyday life that we forget to show our gratitude to the ones around us. We are all struggling in one way or another and having someone letting us know that they see us and that they appreciate us is a wonderful feeling to have.Ā  What act of kindness, that you have either seen or done, is one that has stayed with you? Oh wow, I have seen and experienced so many that itā€™s hard to choose one. If Iā€™m choosing, then Iā€™d say seeing all the listeners who provide their valuable time here on Cups. Just the fact that you are here, volunteering your time to support others is absolutely amazing. Our members are also so supportive to one another and seeing all of this just absolutely warms my heart <3 That is something that stays with me everytime I see it, because itā€™s truly magical!Ā  If you could add one thing to Cups, what would it be? Hmm, I would add more games in 1:1 chats. We have ā€œ4 in a rowā€ already, I would love to see some more of that šŸ˜€ Whatā€™s your least favorite daily task? Doing laundry, I am brilliant at forgetting that Iā€™m doing it and end up having to make the washing machine go another cycle because of my forgetfulness Whatā€™s your favorite season of the year and why? Autumn, all the magical colors is something that brings me joy! Do you have a favorite hobby? I like drawing a lot, some listeners like it as well since they have my artwork as their profile photos. That makes me so happy, to see that they like my work to that degree is simply amazing! I also like photography and consider myself a hobby photographer. My favorite thing to photograph is the beautiful nature that you can see here in Iceland and my pets.Ā  What is the weirdest food combination that you like? Iā€™ve been told quite often that my liking of ketchup on pasta is odd. I donā€™t think it is though and love having pasta or noodles with ketchup šŸ˜‚ If you could share some kind words with the community, what would those be? Thank you for being here, just the fact that you logged on today and spent your valuable time with us is amazing! We all face challenges, we all have our struggles and thatā€™s okay. Sometimes just taking one day at a time is the best thing we can do and I want you to know thatā€™s okay. Itā€™s okay to not be okay. All of our feelings, no matter what they are, are absolutely valid. Take the time you need to self-care, itā€™s so important to take care of ourselves. Self care doesnā€™t have to be complicated, just simple tasks like getting dressed and taking 10 minutes to do something you enjoy doing is wonderful. Thank you for being a part of this community, we value you, we appreciate you and we are grateful for you. I wish you all a wonderful rest of your day šŸ’— āœØĀ āœØĀ āœØĀ  Thank you for all you do to inspire and uplift our community, Anna!
Living with BlissfulBue | PAT Edition
by heathermarie95
Last post
February 24th
...See more It's about that time of the week to get to know our awesome PAT Team Who could it be? Interviewee: @BlissfulBue Interviewer: @Heathermarie95 šŸŒŸ HeatherM: What is your self-care routine? BlissfulBue: Well, before getting down to my day to day business, I have a morning routine, which is dedicated solely to me, I do some meditation or priming (check out Tony Robbins)šŸ§˜, read/listen to a self-development bookšŸ“š, do a little work on my personal projects. In the evening, I also have a routine, exercise (sometimes involves dancing!), yoga šŸ•ŗ, face routine(masks, scrubs, etc), journal šŸ“–, meditate. Every day, I make sure I have time to do something fun, like some DIY arts and crafts, or simply watcing a tv show šŸ™‚ šŸŒŸ HeatherM: What is one quote you live by? BlissfulBue: Depending on the season in my life, I have different quotes. Right now itā€™sĀ  āœØDesire outwins natureāœØ ā€¦.. This is very powerful for me, as it basically reminds me that ANYTING is possible, as long as I want it badly enough and work towards it, itā€™ll work out šŸ‘. šŸŒŸ HeatherM: Why did you decide to join 7Cups as a listener? BlissfulBue: Well, I was looking for online volunteer opportunities and thanks to ChatGPT, it suggested this platform šŸ’ƒ. I was also happy to see that there were trainings available which would help me help people more. Also it was perfect because Iā€™m a quiet person, so best believe, I do more listening than talking, so yeah šŸ˜€ šŸŒŸ HeatherM: Have you recommended 7 Cups to anyone in your life and what happened? BlissfulBue: I have! Iā€™ve recommended it to a number of people actually. I got one to join as a listener, but she kept getting ghosted, and she eventually gave up šŸ™Š. The others, well letā€™s just say they are still on the journey to joining our beautiful community šŸ˜€ šŸŒŸ HeatherM: What is one piece of advice you have for a new listener? BlissfulBue: Youā€™ve got this! And considering that youā€™re here, it means you are very capable! šŸ’Æ And if youā€™re finding it hard to listen, navigate the platform or anything else, the Quality Listening Program is a great start! āœØ This interview is part of the Living with Leaders interview series. If you want to give/take an interview too, fill out the Living with Leaders interview form here:Ā https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7 [https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7] ------------------------- Positivity Friends Taglist: @amazingYellow9379 @BenittaJ @BobbyX @bobCatz @Brahmm @CalmRosebud @Capana4u @ChillingRain @chyni @Claritea @Clio9876 @compassionateArrow7396 @courageousSnowflake22 @DanCat1128 @depreshunned @dreamIcicle8467 @EmpathysGarden @Ervie @fristo @HachiBee @heathermarie95 @Kristynsmama @Lovelilly @MoonPhase7 @OllieRNLI999 @Parkey46 @protostarr @safetysource12 @tranquilBlossom79 @yourcaringconfidant @ZendagiMigzaraaa If anyone wishes to be added or removed from this taglist, please drop a pm to @fristo or @heathermarie95
Living with SadCat13 | PAT Edition
by heathermarie95
Last post
February 14th
...See more It's about that time of the week to get to know ourĀ awesome leaders! WhoĀ could it be? Interviewee:Ā @Sadcat13 Interviewer: @Heathermarie95 ā›„ HeatherM: What is your self-care routine? Sadcat13: i donĀ“t have one. My mental health struggles make it extremely hard for me to make a consistent effort towards a routine, so iĀ“m more focused on meeting the basic needs i have at the moment. I ask myself what do i need right now, may it be mentally or physically. And then see what can I do about it. It is the smaller and more basic things to me that make the difference. It can be as little as sitting a few minutes in silence, taking a shower or doing a gentle stretch to bigger things like going to the gym or taking a nap. I found that this moment to moment self care works the best for me, without having to stick to a routine. ā›„ HeatherM: What is one quote you live by? Sadcat13: ā€œGive it to God and go to sleepā€ It was a real game changer for me. Since I first came across this quote on one of those pinterest scrolling evenings, it saved me so many times. IĀ“m a very anxious person, and sometimes, my anxieties regarding undone tasks or important things the next day are keeping me awake. When it happens, I remind myself of this quote, put everything down and go to bed. One time, i was worried over a work i had to do for next days class and werenĀ“t ready with. I was barely awake, trying to finish it, with no end in sight. Then i remembered the quote and went to bed, trusting God will handle it. The next day, my lesson got canceled. I had similar outcomes happen to me multiple times. Whenever I felt powerless, hopeless and went to sleep with this quote on mind, things always worked out for me somehow. ā›„ HeatherM: What is your favorite type of weather and why? Sadcat: I used to enjoy rain when i was younger, and I still like to listen to it, but as I got older, I discovered the beauty of sunshine. I absolutely love it now. Especially the late afternoon sun when it is not hot anymore, just pleasantly warm and baths everything in beautiful light that is very pleasant to look at. ā›„ HeatherM: What is your favorite TV show? Sadcat: I am not a series fan, but recently, I am having a Spongebob Squarepants marathon. I recently thought about the show thanks to a meme I saw, and it made me think how it is such an iconic series and I havenĀ“t seen more than a few parts here and there. So i decided to check it out, and I like it so far. Especially having fun recognising the moments that are famous meme templates. ā›„ Heather M: What topic for support is most important to you, and why? SadCat: I feel like i have a very versatile palette of support topics, that rotate according to what is presently happening in my life. Sometimes, iĀ“m seeking support in terms of hard decisions, like the when i wanted to drop out of uni. I also seek support when i need to organize my thoughts a little, because i feel like my mind is a mess when facing a specific challenge, like searching for a job. Asking otherĀ“s experiences with adhd, ocd, EDs and their specific struggles on the forum helps me a lot too. However currently, I have the biggest need of keeping the positivity in my life going, maintaining hope and focus on the things that are going well and truly matter, so focusing on more positivity focused support, encouragement and sharing my joy with others. This interview is part of the Living with Leaders interview series. If you want to give/take an interview too, fill out the Living with Leaders interview form here:Ā https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7 ------------------------- Positivity Friends Taglist: @amazingYellow9379 @BenittaJ @BobbyX @bobCatz @Brahmm @CalmRosebud @Capana4u @ChillingRain @chyni @Claritea @Clio9876 @compassionateArrow7396 @courageousSnowflake22 @DanCat1128 @depreshunned @dreamIcicle8467 @EmpathysGarden @Ervie @fristo @HachiBee @heathermarie95 @Kristynsmama @Lovelilly @MoonPhase7 @OllieRNLI999 @Parkey46 @protostarr @safetysource12 @tranquilBlossom79 @yourcaringconfidant @ZendagiMigzaraaa Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā If anyone wishes to be added or removed from this taglist, please drop a pm to @fristo or @heathermarie95
Living w/ BunnyLovesYou - PAT Edition
by heathermarie95
Last post
January 31st
...See more New Year New Interview! Interviewee: @BunnyLovesyou Interviewer: @heathermarie95 šŸŒø HeatherM: What is your self-care routine? Bunnylovesyou: My self-care routine is a tad abnormal Iā€™d say. I used to enjoy going on a run, but because of medical reasons, Iā€™m unable to do so for the time being. Right now, my self-care routine consists of alot of hair-care. Iā€™m borderline obsessed with my hair. Whether that means washing and styling, just brushing it, or sometimes I get a little manic and boom we have a hair cut. I also love to lay in bed or in the sun, and read. Reading has always been my safe space and it helps charge my mental and physical battery. Recently, instead of reading, Iā€™ve been watching the 2009 drama Glee. I could fill countless pages about the books Iā€™ve read, or just about Glee but honestly, self-care doesnā€™t need to be typical. It doesnā€™t need to be a hot shower and a face mask. It can be whatever is best for YOU. If playing basketball makes you feel better, do it. If laying in bed watching soapy dramas about kids or reading terrifying horror novels make you feel better, do it.Ā  šŸŒø HeatherM: What is one quote you live by? Bunnylovesyou: This one is actually quite funny. I have an entire wall of quotes in my room. I have atleast 40 quotes and I have about 30-40 still to add. A lot of them describe my journey as a human being, but only a few are ones I live by, if that makes any sense. Some are there to remind me of times, or just certain moments, although these few sum up my entire life. ā€˜You canā€™t take my past, you canā€™t take my history. Nothing you can take from me was ever worth keepingā€™ - The Ballad Of Songbirds and Snakes, Susanne Collins. When ever I get real sad or upset (I know Iā€™m a listener but I do feel bad feelings xD) I look at this quote and remind myself, what was stolen? I didnā€™t want it anyway. The other one would have to be ā€˜Iā€™m not telling you itā€™s going to be easy, Iā€™m telling you itā€™s going to be worth it.ā€™ - Rick Riordan, it comes from a Percy Jackson novel, although I am unsure which one. This one speaks for itself. The question was one quote and here I am rambling about 2 quotes, oops. šŸŒø HeatherM: What is your favorite role that you hold on 7Cups? Bunnylovesyou: This one was very hard, seeing as I have a lot of roles, but then I realized, itā€™s simple. I might love modding, or being a Smile Spreader or taking Peer Support chats, but what role made all that possible. My favorite role is being a Listener. It might not count as a role, but I didnā€™t join 7cups as a Listener, and I have taken alot of training for it. For me, hosting chats or having fun in rooms, posting peer appreciation forms and getting to see peopleā€™s smile, or helping a listener after a hard chat, will never be as rewarding as when a member tells me that I gave them hope. They donā€™t know me, weā€™ve never talked before, and yet I was able to help them see some joy in their life. THAT is the most rewarding thing about being on 7cups, about being a listener. They donā€™t see me as the broken person I often feel like, but instead I am able to do for them what people didnā€™t do for me. It is the most rewarding thing I have ever done, and I dont ever plan on stopping.Ā  šŸŒø HeatherM: Why did you decide to join 7Cups as a listener? Bunnylovesyou: I joined 7cups in June 2022, on the member side, since I was 14. I ended up having a life-changing chat with a listener, and all she did was listen to me. When I turned 15, I decided I wanted to do that. I wanted to give back as much as possible to 7cups, because 7cups gave me my life back. It was not an easy road, and it still isnā€™t but I am not alone. And the fact that I, just this simple person who has absolutely no clue what is going on in life, can help people so simply, is amazing. I created my Listener account on March 21, 2023. I turned 15 on March 20, 2023, and the only reason it took an entire day was because I had an issue with the social media request. I became a mod as soon as possible and I am just trying to do as much as humanly possible to do better for the world. I have to give back some how. šŸŒø HeatherM: What is one piece of advice you have for a new listener? Bunnylovesyou: Simple : Donā€™t over-think it. Whatever you are doing, it is perfect and just enough. As long as you are following the guidelines, donā€™t worry. Members know we are people, itā€™s okay to make a spelling mistake, itā€™s okay to not take 72 chats right away. And you are allowed to not help everyone. I canā€™t say the amount of times Iā€™ve seen new listeners upset that they had to refer a member or the member didnā€™t feel helped. I was one of them too. But itā€™s okay. You arenā€™t perfect, there are people that you arenā€™t able to help. It doesnā€™t mean you are a failure. It means you are human.Ā  This interview is part of the Living with Leaders interview series. If you want to give/take an interview too, fill out the Living with Leaders interview form here:Ā https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7 ------------------------- Positivity Friends: @amazingYellow9379 @BenittaJ @BobbyX @bobCatz @Brahmm @CalmRosebud @Capana4u @ChillingRain @chyni @Claritea @Clio9876 @compassionateArrow7396 @courageousSnowflake22 @DanCat1128 @depreshunned @dreamIcicle8467 @EmpathysGarden @Ervie @fristo @HachiBee @heathermarie95 @Kristynsmama @Lovelilly @MoonPhase7 @OllieRNLI999 @Parkey46 @protostarr @safetysource12 @tranquilBlossom79 @yourcaringconfidant @ZendagiMigzaraaa PAT Teamļ»æ: @aaliyahy909 @AlleyCatNemo @AnnaSilverberg @AuRewolf @Avaria @BlissfulBue @BrightIndigo @Bubbles2025 @bubblingbreeze14 @Bunnylovesyou @ChromaticFinss @CompassionateArrow @EmpathysGarden @Fristo @GloriaD @Harsvin @Heathermarie95 @HeavenlyMagic @KaylaMaulfair @Kristynsmama @LoveMyMoonflowers @Mindfuljourney22 @Optimisticempath @sadcat13 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @teenytinyturtle @WeEarth ļ»æIf anyone wishes to be added or removed from this taglist, please drop a pm to @fristo or @heathermarie95
Living with EmpathysGarden | PAT Series
by heathermarie95
Last post
January 17th
...See more New Year New Interview! Who could it be? Interviewee: @EmpathysGarden Interviewer: @heathermarie95 šŸŽ‰ HeatherM: What is your self-care routine? EmpathysGarden: My self care routine starts as soon as I wake up. I do my best to not hop on my phone and start checking emails and to-do lists first thing in the morning. I dedicate at least the first 15 minutes to just breathing, being aware of my breath, and honing in on my spatial awareness. Meditation and Systematic Muscle Relaxation are my favorite ways to practice remaining in the present. Through the day I keep a journal tracking my behaviors and even jot down limiting or negative thoughts to reframe. Lastly, I always write 3-5 things Iā€™m grateful for an accomplished by the end of the day.Ā  šŸŽ‰ HeatherM: Why did you decide to join 7Cups as a listener? EmpathysGarden: Honestly, it was a sort of spur of the moment decision. I had heard about 7 cups and their mission before, but I had never dreamed of becoming a listener. 7 month into the year, deeper into my own personal healing journey, I decided that helping others was something that not only aligned with my values but made me feel better about my day. One thing led to another, and I fell in love with the community and all of the wonderful people within it. Itā€™s honestly one of the most empowering and uplifting spaces Iā€™ve ever had the honor of being apart of.Ā  šŸŽ‰ HeatherM: What is one quote you live by? EmpathysGarden: As a book worm, this is a tortuous question for me. There are so many quotes that I feel have really impacted me and influenced me at different times in my life. If I had to choose one quote that has really stuck with me and helped me through the years, it would be: ā€œFor me, becoming isnā€™t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesnā€™t end.ā€ ā€”Michelle Obama For me and my perfectionist tendencies, this quote helps me remind myself to embrace the process of becoming instead of obsessing over a specific task or goal.Ā  šŸŽ‰ HeatherM: What is your favorite role that you hold on 7Cups? Why? EmpathysGarden: I really enjoy being a forum supporter, but my favorite role that I hold on 7 cups is a Peer Appreciation team member. The positivity and uplifting energy that exists among the team members, appreciators, and appreciated individuals is so heart warming. Being able to enjoy a corner of positivity during an otherwise busy and stressful day is so relaxing. Creating graphics is also an amazing artistic outlet that anyone can learn easy peasy with Canva.Ā  šŸŽ‰ HeatherM: If you could be any animal what would it be and why? EmpathysGarden:Ā  Hehe <3 this is such a fun question! I think Iā€™m torn between being a meerkat or a Fennec fox. Theyā€™re so cute! Also meerkat families like to stick together and prioritize teaching and nurturing their children. This interview is part of the Living with Leaders interview series. If you want to give/take an interview too, fill out the Living with Leaders interview form here: https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7 ------------------------- Positivity Friends Taglist: @amazingYellow9379 @BenittaJ @BobbyX @bobCatz @Brahmm @CalmRosebud @Capana4u @ChillingRain @chyni @Claritea @Clio9876 @compassionateArrow7396 @courageousSnowflake22 @DanCat1128 @depreshunned @dreamIcicle8467 @EmpathysGarden @Ervie @fristo @HachiBee @heathermarie95 @Kristynsmama @Lovelilly @MoonPhase7 @OllieRNLI999 @Parkey46 @protostarr @safetysource12 @tranquilBlossom79 @yourcaringconfidant @ZendagiMigzaraaa If anyone wishes to be added or removed from this taglist, please drop a pm to @fristo or @heathermarie95
Living with Kristynsmama | PAT Edition
by heathermarie95
Last post
December 16th, 2023
...See more It's about that time of the week to get to know our awesome leaders! WhoĀ could it be? Interviewee: @Kristynsmama Interviewer: @Heathermarie95 ā­ HeatherM: What is your self-care routine? Kristynsmama: Self-care is still the area where I have the most challenges.Ā  I have some pretty major medical issues so I think for me the key is listening to my body. ā­Ā HeatherM: What is one quote you live by? Kristynsmama: ā€œBe the change you wish to see in the world.ā€ ā­ HeatherM: What is your favorite role that you hold on 7Cups? Kristynsmama: This is a hard one because I love all of my roles at 7 cups.Ā  My top two favorites are probably being a Quality Mentor and helping listeners to be the best that they can be and peer support. ā­ HeatherM: What is one piece of advice you have for a new listener? Kristynsmama: Itā€™s ok to ask for help after or during a difficult chat.Ā  This is why we have chat support and peer support! ā­ HeatherM: Why did you decide to join 7Cups as a listener?Ā  Kristynsmama: I became a member first during a very dark and difficult time in my life.Ā  I was a member for about a month and I got amazing support.Ā  I was so grateful that I decided I wanted to give back what was given to me. This interview is part of the Living with Leaders interview series. If you want to give/take an interview too, fill out the Living with Leaders interview form here: https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7" ------------------------- Positivity Friends Taglist: @amazingYellow9379 @BenittaJ @BobbyX @bobCatz @Brahmm @CalmRosebud @Capana4u @ChillingRain @chyni @Claritea @Clio9876 @compassionateArrow7396 @courageousSnowflake22 @DanCat1128 @depreshunned @dreamIcicle8467 @EmpathysGarden @Ervie @fristo @HachiBee @heathermarie95 @Kristynsmama @Lovelilly @MoonPhase7 @OllieRNLI999 @Parkey46 @protostarr @safetysource12 @tranquilBlossom79 @yourcaringconfidant @ZendagiMigzaraaa Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā If anyone wishes to be added or removed from this taglist, please drop a pm to @fristo or @heathermarie95
Living with Fristo | PAT Series
by heathermarie95
Last post
December 12th, 2023
...See more It's about that time of the week to get to know our awesome leaders! Who could it be? Interviewee: @Fristo Interviewer: @Heathermarie95 ā›„ HeatherM: What is your self-care routine? Fristo: Breathing, I remember to breathe and take things slow. I also have a dialogue with myself as a good friend, thatā€™s my favorite thing to do. ā›„ HeatherM: Why did you decide to join 7Cups as a listener? Fristo: Wish I knew! Something in me pulled me towards it. It always appealed to me to connect with people and in good and meaningful ways. ā›„ HeatherM: What inspired you to create the Peer Appreciation program? Fristo: It created itself. It started with a thought that I want to see people appreciating good qualities in one another and things kept getting shaped as I shared the idea with more people. I love to share my thoughts and ideas and work together; and that is my favorite thing to do at 7cups. ā›„ HeatherM: What is one quote you live by? Fristo: ā€œLittle is a lot if your direction is right.ā€ ā›„ HeatherM: What is your favorite TV show? Fristo: My life. Itā€™s an entertaining TV show and I watch it with amazement every day. ------------------------- Positivity Friends Taglist: @amazingYellow9379 @BenittaJ @BobbyX @bobCatz @Brahmm @CalmRosebud @Capana4u @ChillingRain @chyni @Claritea @Clio9876 @compassionateArrow7396 @courageousSnowflake22 @DanCat1128 @depreshunned @dreamIcicle8467 @EmpathysGarden @Ervie @fristo @HachiBee @heathermarie95 @Kristynsmama @MoonPhase7 @OllieRNLI999 @Parkey46 @protostarr @safetysource12 @tranquilBlossom79 @yourcaringconfidant @ZendagiMigzaraaa If anyone wishes to be added or removed from this taglist, please drop a pm to @fristo or @heathermarie95
Living with Bubbles2025
by heathermarie95
Last post
December 1st, 2023
...See more It's about that time of the week to get to know our awesome leaders! Who could it be? Interviewee: @Bubbles2025 Interviewer: @Heathermarie95 HeatherM: What is your self-care routine? Bubbles: My self care routine changes daily. Honestly it depends on how much free time I have, especially now that I am a full time college student. However, everyday I make sure that I drink water, exercise/get fresh air even if its just a few minutes, and eat. These are all very valuable parts of my routine. Other things I like to do for self care include watching tv, showering, doing face masks, hanging out with friends and sleeping ahah. I love my sleep. HeatherM: Why did you decide to become a listener at 7Cups? Bubbles: There are so many reasons as to why I became a listener on 7 cups, but the main one and obvious one was to give a safe space for everyone. I know what it is like to struggle with mental health and feel like I had no one to turn to. I want to make sure people realize that its okay to struggle and that someone is in their corner rooting for them. I joined during covid because I knew that was a tough time for a lot of people, myself included. I also want to become a therapist at the end of all my college studies, and I thought that being a listener for this platform would be a great opportunity to learn and differentiate my learning style depending on the members/clients needs. I want to be that person that people feel they can message when struggling. I want to give anyone a space to be able to vent, scream, cry, anything without the fear of being judged. I want to give what I didn't have when I was younger. I donā€™t want anyone to have to struggle in this world alone.Ā  HeatherM: What would you consider to be your favorite role that you currently hold? Why? Bubbles: I think that my favorite role I hold right now is ATL. I know that isnā€™t much of a ā€œroleā€ but it is the one I value most. It gives me the opportunity to help both teens and adults with whatever they might be struggling with. I also have only just aged up about a year ago, so sometimes it is easier for me to still relate to teenage rants than adults as I am still trying to figure it out myself aaha. Being an ATL is so valuable because I am able to help twice as many people. I donā€™t take general requests currently, I only take members that reach out personally by clicking my profile. I think it makes it more authentic and valuable that way. HeatherM: What is one quote that you live by? Bubbles: ā€œbe the reason someone smiles todayā€ - now I know that is not much of a quote, but it is something I live by everyday. If I can make someone smile, then I know I have succeeded that day. It takes no energy to be kind or helpful. I want to be able to spread as much positivity and gratuitousness as I can. Making others smile or feel heard, helps me grow as a person.Ā  Positivity Friends Taglist: @ChillingRain @ZendagiMigzaraaa @Ervie @placidPapaya8662 @Clio9876 @Claritea @enthusiasticPine6585 @unitedinflames @GoldenNest2727 @Tinywhisper11 @depreshunned @BeCreative1967 @EmpathysGarden @ChillingRain @BenittaJ @CaringSub @LoveMyMoonflowers @georginahowe @Tulipsmile (wanted to be added or removed from this taglist? please pm @fristo or @heathermarie95)
Living with allnaturalUnicorns70
by heathermarie95
Last post
November 16th, 2023
...See more It is about that time of the week to get to know one of our awesome leaders! Who could it be? Interviewee: @allnaturalUnicorns70 Interviewer: A secret admirer! šŸŒøSecret Admirer: How did you first discover 7 Cups? Natural:Ā  Interestingly enough, it was a website listing things that are free on the internet that everyone should have, and it was focused on being a member. I saw that and thoughtā€¦I bet they could use listeners too and signed up. That was like 7 years ago.Ā  šŸŒøSecret Admirer: What are some ways your role as a listener and a Rabbi similar? Natural: For me listening is mostly about validating people, and encouraging them to make the best choices for themselves. Helping someone conclude whatā€™s in their best interests is gratifying! šŸŒøSecret Admirer: What is your favorite Jewish feast? Natural: Whichever is coming up next!Ā  As the saying goes, the theme of our holidays is celebrating ā€œthey tried to destroy us, we won, letā€™s eat!ā€ šŸŒøSecret Admirer: If you were a baseball player, what song would you pick as your "walk up song?" Natural: Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n RosesĀ  šŸŒøSecret Admirer: Would you chose the blue pill or the red pill? And why? Natural: For sure blue pill. I know whatever Gd has planned for me is in my best interests, and my job is to manage with what I can perceive naturally to do my best to glorify His name.Ā  šŸŒøSecret Admirer: How do you practice self care? Natural: Helping others really gives me a boost. I work out 3 times a week to keep my heart in good shape. Eat lots of vegetables and get good restful sleep.Ā  šŸŒøSecret Admirer: How do you practice self compassion? Natural: Sometimes if my self speech is harsh, Iā€™ll remind myself that I wouldnā€™t tolerate someone speaking to my children that way, and Iā€™ll remember that I make mistakes sometimes but mostly Iā€™m doing my best.Ā  This interview is part of Living with Leaders interview series. If you want to give/take an interview too, fill out the Living with Leaders interview form here: https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7 [https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7] [https://forms.gle/QAXcpFZoksdDzUxq7] Positivity Friends Taglist: @ChillingRain @ZendagiMigzaraaa @Ervie @placidPapaya8662 @Clio9876 @Claritea @enthusiasticPine6585 @unitedinflames @GoldenNest2727 @Tinywhisper11 @depreshunned @BeCreative1967 @EmpathysGarden @ChillingRain @BenittaJ @CaringSub (wanted to be added or removed from this taglist? please pm @fristo or @heathermarie95)
Spotlighting @HeatherMarie95, the enthusiastic Smile Spreader!šŸ’œ
by Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Last post
October 22nd, 2023
...See more Hey hey lovely cupsians coming across, I hope everyone is doing well! šŸ’› I'm so honoured to share an interview with our wonderful Smile Spreader [https://tinyurl.com/SmileSpreaderRole]@heathermarie95 with y'all. Heather is a powerhouse, doing so much for the community, contributing in multiple ways and being a part of multiple teams, especially as a part of the Peer Appreciation Team [https://www.7cups.com/forum/PositivityGratitude_170/AppreciationProgram_2310/PeerAppreciationProgram_262230/]. I loved getting to know her more and am happy to invite you to the same. šŸ„° Diving right in! Interviewer: @Sunisshiningandsoareyou Interviewee: @HeatherMarie95 Hey hey Heather, thank you for agreeing to this interview, and for allowing us to know you and appreciate your wonderful self more! ā¤ Let's begin! šŸŒ» I feel, making the most of 7 cups and spending a nice cupsing day is different for different people! What is your idea of spending a balanced time on 7 cups? Feel free to share your idea of what a good day looks like on 7cups, for you. A day on 7Cups looks like checking in on all the dashboards for the teams I am apart of. I complete any tasks that I need to complete. Such as create an appreciation post, grade AL tests, review intern evaluation, provide peer care/support, occasionally run support groups & currently I am active within the CDM program so I am doing course work for that :D. After that, I am accepting 1on1 chats. šŸŒ» Oh wow lots to do! I see you've been here since 2020 (same year and same month as me Yayy), We'd love to know more about your 7-cup journey so far. What have your learnings been as a listener? Something I have learned that not only helps me succeed on 7Cups but as well in my personal life would be, active listening. šŸŒ» Certainly, active listening skills are truly powerful and helpful both on and off cups. Besides being an active listener, you've got so many leadership roles in the community already, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for everything you do here. Moving on, what is your favourite role here? What do you enjoy the most here? Why? Thank you! Honestly, I enjoy being a part of the PAT team the most. Not only do i enjoy creating graphics, i also enjoy spending kindness to others. The world needs more kindness. šŸŒ» Aww how noble, the world definitely needs more kindness. Coming to your *smile spreader* role, you're certainly one of the most enthusiastic teammates, spreading so many smiles around! What inspired you to join the team? Thank you for your kind words! What inspired me to join is because I want to be apart of spreading smiles and hopefully helping others feel better about themselves. šŸŒ» I am certain you do that and a lot. How would you describe being a "smile spreader"/ your experience in the PAT [https://www.7cups.com/forum/PositivityGratitude_170/AppreciationProgram_2310/ShareYourExperience_297487/] so far, in your words? In what ways do you feel being in PAT impacts you personally? My experience as a smile speaker has been a lot of fun. It makes me happy being able spread smiles and share appreciation to others. šŸŒ» Superrr happy to hear that! You make so many lovely appreciations to make people smile and feel better about themself. We'd love to know, What's something good for your personal growth that you can do consistently? That is a good question. Something that I do well for my personal growth that i can consistently do is getting out of my confront zone despite having severe anxiety. I have been getting out and attending concerts myself. The more i do it, the more I am lmess anxious about going out to places by myself. šŸŒ» Aww I am sooo proud of you. Way to go! This has been fun so far. And of course, to end this interview, you've got the biggest floor to yourself. Feel free to share anything you like with the community, your fellow PAT members or anyone you'd like to shout out to! I have been enjoying my time as a listener and a leader. Throughout this past year I finished the internship program with honors, began the CDM program, became a better listener overall and achieved many roles within the community. I highly recommend other listeners checking out the different roles here. Woohoo! I've completed various programs from 7 Cups Academy [https://www.7cups.com/forum/academy/] also and I must say, they're all amazing. Thank you for highlighting the same and recommending leadership roles [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10oh0pBR1rt9C6tMAhRvjF1TfgAEHbyDQyimizN4hdfU/edit?usp=sharing]. We have so many roles for both listeners and members and it certainly is a great way to enrich our 7 cups's experience as well as enable personal growth. Thankyouu, Heather, you are incredibly appreciated! šŸ’› For our patient, encouraging and awesome audience, I hope you enjoyed this interview also. Please feel welcome to share your thoughts and join me in honouring our peer also! šŸ„° This interview is part of the Living With Leaders Interview Series [https://www.7cups.com/forum/ProjectsEvents_184/LivingwithLeaders_2290/LivingwithLeadersNewFormat_284442/]. If interested, Click here to give an interview as well [https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders]. We'd love to get to know you more and appreciate you also! šŸ’› [Blue text in my posts is usually clickable, click to testšŸ˜›]
An Inspirational Talk With @InternalAcceptance
by Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Last post
October 10th, 2023
...See more Hello wonderful people, please join me for an insightful interview with our ever so kind and inspirational peers, who have lots of wisdom nuggets for us. šŸ’– Interviewee: @InternalAcceptance Interviewers: @LilacLeopard and @LovingPeacefulHeart Lilac: Would you like to share with us how your 7cups journey started and how it evolved? Internal: I remember joining as a member and deciding that I wanted to offer support to others, especially in the Addiction Community at the time.Ā  A couple of months after joining, I made my listener account and became part of the Addiction Community.Ā  Over the years, I have taken a step back from the communities and started focusing more on the quality aspect of things. Lilac: Which of your many roles is your favourite and why? Internal:Ā  The Anonymous Evaluation team is probably my favourite role at this point.Ā  I genuinely enjoy talking to all of the team members during check-ins as well as doing evaluations myself. Lilac: What does a typical day on 7 cups look like for you? Internal:Ā  A normal day starts with checking my messages and replying as Iā€™m able.Ā  More often than not, I go into LSR to provide chat support and peer support.Ā  Recently Iā€™ve been taking more chats with members new to me rather than sticking solely to my regular members.Ā  I have my scheduled chats as well throughout the week.Ā  I also work on various aspects of the Anonymous Evaluation Team. Peaceful: If you can go a concert of any artist/band (past or present) in their prime, who would it be and why? Internal:Ā  I would go to Woodstock in 1969.Ā  This time period is important to me for family reasons.Ā  Also, there were just some absolutely incredible musicians at this protest.Ā  Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Country Joe and the Fish, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Santana, just to name a few.Ā Ā  Peaceful: How has 7 Cups impacted how you do self-care? Internal:Ā  7Cups has encouraged me to actually take the time to practice self care when I generally wouldnā€™t.Ā  Rather than waiting until Iā€™m incredibly overwhelmed to start, I take time to treat myself kindly on a routine basis.Ā  Iā€™ve learned that I donā€™t need to be extremely overstimulated to partake in self care and that if I do a bit here and there itā€™s much more sustainable. Lilac: What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit? Internal:Ā  Something that Iā€™ve learned that I feel could be beneficial is self compassion, forgiveness, and self respect.Ā  None of us are perfect and itā€™s time that we stop treating ourselves poorly for that.Ā  Many of us forgive others long before we forgive ourselves, even when we are just as deserving.Ā  Lastly, self respect is so, so important.Ā  Iā€™ve learned that I donā€™t need to tolerate being mistreated and that my boundaries are just as important as someone elseā€™s.Ā Ā  Such amazing questions, Lilac and Heart, thank you for allowing the fantastic IA a space to share their experiences and thoughts. šŸ’– Thank youu for everything you do for the community, IA. I love the lessons you've learned in life and can resonate with them so much. Keep being you! šŸ’– Tagging some friends of Internal, Lilac and Peaceful:Ā  @Emotionslisterner @Gracey @Yellowsunflower101 @Sunshinealwaysgrateful @Sairita @Calmrose33 @Aliveintheocean @Stephygirl @Politemoon1088 @Bronydice @Fristo @Jill7Cups @Tinywhisper11 @Chetan1408 @Yourcaringconfidant @Bluerivercares @Comphi @Broadfemmelovelive @Jenna @GentleEmperor @NovagalaxyĀ  Make someone smile at Cups here: https://tinyurl.com/PeerAppreciation [https://tinyurl.com/PeerAppreciation] Interview someone at Cups here: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders [https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders]Ā  šŸŒ»šŸŒ»Ā 

In our resources section you can find application links and the leaders of each community. Feel free to join in on building our 7 Cups community!

Community Guidelines

ā¢Join in the different community project teams here! The resources section contains the applications and leaders for each team

ā¢Do not feature or set your individual project thread as a check-in. Every community project is equally important

ā¢Do not moderate projects that are not your own. Respect each other's spaces

ā¢Notify @CheeryMango if your team's application or leaders have changed

ā¢Notify @CheeryMango if you would like to move your project into "on hold"

ā¢Notify @CheeryMango if you would like to move your project out of "on hold"

Community Resources

Below are the applications and leaders for community projects on 7 cups of tea! Leaders, please contact @CheeryMango if information or links need to be changed.

Forum Team: @CheeryMango
Music Therapy:Ā Inactive at the moment
The Needs Reply Team: @bookworm274
Q & A Project: @SoulfullyButterfly
Subcommunities: @CheeryMango
Translation Project: @SoulfullyAButterfly
Team Lightship: @ASilentObserver

Updated: 11/23/2022 by @CheeryMango