Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Leadership Spotlight: ouiCherie

Heather225 March 30th, 2022

_1648680299._LSpotlight-March2022-Ambassador-ouiCherie.png

Our last nominee for the month is an Ambassador, and we’re excited to announce the inclusion of @ouiCherie into the Leadership Spotlight! Cherie joined 7 Cups November of 2019 and is a Community Mentor for both the Relationships/Friendship Support and Content Volunteer Team subcoms. Cherie is best known for her involvement in the 7 Cups Academy. Cherie works alongside SoulfullyAButterfly in leading the Content Development and Marketing (CDM) Program.

Why did you nominate Cherie? They are very hardworking. I have always seen them trying out new things. Willing to learn and grow. Volunteering out and beyond. Often giving more than their 100%. They are very kind. They always give out a generous and caring vibe. They like to help people. Nothing is impossible for them. Often putting others before themselves.

They contribute a lot to 7cups and most of their contributions happen away from spotlight. So, this spotlight needs to be shone upon their desk for once (and more if possible)

In 3 words Cherie is Dedicated, Kind, Lovely

We asked Cherie some questions to get to know her better!

Favorite quote?
I like reading The Q&A page, because people often share wisdom they find in life. Here’s one in particular:

"It takes a lot of time and courage to accept the things that your heart is not willing to accept." Whoever you are, thank you. It's beautiful.

Favorite song?
Here's a nice old song for everyone: https://youtu.be/YaH0jYYwHxs

Your proudest 7 cups achievement
Although I literally jumped in joy when I first accepted in Content team, I guess my proudest 7 Cups achievements are when members would stick with me for years and when seeing people graduate from CDM. The latter is a team work. Shoutouts to the graduates and amazing CDM mentors!

A fun fact about you When I was a kid, I was offered to join the national swimming team because I was fast. I told my mom, no. I love swimming, but competition is pressuring.

The reason I won was because they always tested us on a 5m deep pool. We couldn't see the bottom. I couldn't stop thinking that there were alligators, anacondas and sharks down there. I wasn't competing, I swam for my life. xD

if you had one piece of advice for our community (leaders/listeners/members/whoever), what would it be?
For everyone: There's always a room for a little more kindness, and a little less judgement :purple_heart:

What is one word that embodies 7 Cups to you? Compassion.
I recommend this intriguing article about empathy vs compassion.

Thank you for your ongoing service and championing for our community!

Have you worked with Cherie! Tell us below!

-
Do you know an awesome leader who deserves to be nominated? Please fill out this form!

theriverissinging March 31st, 2022

Yay, congratulations! @ouiCherie I am glad to know the dedicated, passionate and always so humble person that you are. Thank you for all your contributions and just being you. <3

ouiCherie March 31st, 2022

@theriverissinging

Thank you, River! πŸ™Œ and hugs! πŸ˜€

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 31st, 2022

@ouicherie

Omigoshhhhh this had me on the floor xD xD "I wasn't competing, I swam for my life." Lollll Cheriee🀣 *7 minutes later*

Well well well, Am I surprised to see this? Yes *-* because ooof too late to have you under the spotlight lol, but here we finally are, and today I'm one extra proud Sunnie!

I miiiight have mentioned it before but now seems the right time again, I stilll remember that one listener sharing circle where you so honestly shared about your 7 cups journey, hinting towards how you do not feel much confident about trying any leadership roles and would prefer to stay confined within the 1-1 member chats, I said it then and i will say it now and i will continue saying it for as long as we are here, You are amazing, Cherie, you are capable of making through and achieving anything you set your mind to, all because you truly give it your everything-- the passion and commitment outshines everything else. From that lsc till here, I've always rejoiced to myself everytime I see you shine, it feels personally gratifying to have seen you "grow" and helping so many others grow with you. Big time appreciation for being so wonderfully committed in everything you do, and then to do with love, compassion and warmth~ whatta fantastic combination. πŸ’œ Way to go!

You, my lovely friend, are simply spectacular. I have lots of admiration for you and will always support you and be found cheering for you. Take the damn world lol, you deserve it and more! Big *hugs* πŸ€— and lots of love always!

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thanks Sunnie! Still working to be as supportive as you πŸ’œ btw, thanks for bring up the memories too! That was when LCR was like an office pantry where fellow listeners had lighthearted chats to pick themselves up again hehe... that good old days!

*whispering* *how did I get here, again?* peace leaders! I love what I'm doing now just as much ✌😁

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 1st, 2022

@ouiCherie

Aww forever stuck in a cycle of getting inspired by each other then :P πŸ’œ

I know right, πŸ₯Ί good old times indeed--- the nostalgia oof, feels like too long ago xD glad we got to share them! πŸ€—

*whispers back* you are here with your consistent efforts, willingness and abilities. Everything truly well deserved and earned. πŸ’œ (Lolll, peace haha)

SparkyGizmo March 31st, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

@ouiCherie

Hi Good Day Sunshine! 😊❀️ oh yes indeed, I too was rollingggggg with laughter! You of all people around this place have a sense of humor that is firmly intact! This was one of the most adorable stories I have heard in quite some time!

So, in honor of Oui, we should dedicate the song "Baby Sharks Sharks Sharks" to them. After you hear it once, yikes! it becomes what I call an "ear worm" and you will never be able to shake it off! lol! If you know how to, feel free to drop a link in this forum thread for that song and it will then live on in all perpetuity for Oui! I haven't gotten there yet, I don't know how to do it, something tells me you will be able to make the magic happen and "get er' done"! *high fives* 😊 and big *hugs* ❀️

VaryingCloud March 31st, 2022

@ouiCherie

Oh goodness lol!!! I so loved reading the fun fact! xD The way you described the situation, it almost felt I was in the same!! Scared..terrified at one moment and after snapping out of it, laughing out loud! xD Was reminded once again that we’re ought to win when we put our all in it with a single thought! xD

And yayy for winning that competition!πŸ₯³

Cherie, we haven’t interacted much, but I still feel whatever is being put up here in words is just so apt for you. Fits perfectly! This only shows you’re so quick at leaving that lasting impact on everyone around with your own amazing ways and beautiful mind!❀️ I absolutely loved the quote you shared and that song..wow!!!! : ) It has been one of my favorite songs too! Thank you for sharing!! ❀️

Heartiest congratulations to you Cherie, for this another wonderful achievement! ❀️😊

@VaryingCloud

VC hugsss... thank you so much! We may haven't got a chance to interact much, but I sure love your vibe! πŸ’œπŸ€—

VaryingCloud April 3rd, 2022

@ouiCherie

Likewise Cherie! *hugssss* I too love your vibe! πŸ˜Šβ€οΈπŸ€—

MelodyoftheOcean March 31st, 2022

@ouiCherie

Yay, you made it, and you deserve it so much!

All the best for your new role! πŸ’œ

@MelodyoftheOcean

Thank you for the support, Mel! You're sweet! πŸ€—πŸ’œ

@Heather225

Thanks H! And whoever nominated me, thank you for those kind words! πŸ’œπŸ’œ

@Heather225

@ouiCherie

Hi H! 😊❀️ Thank you for this amazing forum post and for putting another truly well deserving human being in the Leadership Spotlight this month! It's so great to give us all the opportunity to get to know our teammates even that much better! *high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❀️

Hi Oui! 😊❀️ Smh right now. Gosh, how do I even find the words, the right words to do justice to speak about your work here on 7 cups, interactions with others and how I feel about you as a human being? I just got to let it flow, just "shoot from the hip". I'm sorry if this won't come across as being quite so eloquent. Laughs at self, this one kind of "rattled my cage a bit" and made me "well up" to see that you are being honored! Well deserved my friend, so well deserved!

Gosh, you and I have known one another for quite some time. It's interesting how we don't get the opportunity to work together or interact with one another very often, but you are here, and I know you are and you are someone that through my travels on 7 cups has made a very big impact on me!

For me, you may be out of sight but you are not "out of mind". Even just seeing your screen name around this place makes me smile! 😊 I think it's a testament to your kindness, your greatness! 😊❀️ You truly are a stellar human being! Before I even scrolled down to read all of your words I knew what I wanted to tell you is that "you make my heart sing" ❀️ It's really just the very best way for me to try and put it.

It's interesting that this was my first inclination, "knee jerk" reaction by seeing you being honored and it's interesting that even with that, you have given us all the gift of song today! πŸ‘ Thank you for your gift! I listened to that song, soooooo loved it and will listen to it a few more times today! Once again, you are always the giver around here and you give freely! *high fives* 😊 big *hugs* ❀️ and stay great my friend! 😊 Won't be difficult for you to do, for you, it comes naturally and I see this!

@SparkyGizmo

Oh.... that's just way too kind, Sparky! πŸ’œπŸ€— Yup, we have known each other for quite a while, but interestingly, our paths just never crossed for long. Still, it's impossible for anyone to miss the spark of your warmth and kindness! Thank you, Sparky! Hugs!

@ouiCherie

❀️❀️❀️

bookworm274 March 31st, 2022

@ouiCherie - this is so well deserved, you are an absolutely amazing leader and teammate ❀️

You constantly make sure everyone is okay, you are so hard working but you also know your limits and boundaries (which is an incredibly hard thing to achieve) and when you dedicate yourself to something you really dedicate yourself! Working with you has been absolutely amazing, both in the general subcomm team and also for NR - which brings me to the point of how helpful you are because even though you did not sign up for the NR role you still help me out whenever you can which I think just goes to show how amazing, caring and supportive you are!

That fun fact about you is absolutely amazing - I love that you did that!

@bookworm274

Book! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— thank you for the kind words πŸ’œ That means a lot! Hugsss!

I learned in life that most people are upbeat and enthusiastic, up to the first 3 months for everything that is new to them, and we'll start seeing a declining graphic when the novelty is fading.

But you are able to maintain the same rhythm. A steady level of enthusiasm, reliability, and understanding. That's amazing! πŸ’œ

soulsings April 1st, 2022

@ouiCherie thank you for all you offer in service to 7cups to make this site more supportive and friendly.

@Heather225

ouiCherie April 1st, 2022

@soulsings

Right back at you, Soul! πŸ€—πŸ’œ

GlenM April 1st, 2022

@ouiCherie, I'm very happy to see you as a featured leader! I appreciate all that you do on so many fronts, especially how you look out for long-term members. I also enjoy your insights and expertise on better understanding the natural flow of life and the process of learning to trust as things evolve. These are uncommon understandings! Thank you also for being such a beacon of light and hope on the content team and across social media!

ouiCherie April 1st, 2022

@GlenM

You got the message! πŸ˜€

Thank you for the kind words. You're veru insightful yourself and always make efforts to share it with others πŸ’œ one of the inspiring thing is you can make every single one of the team feels close to you. That's pretty cool, Captain!

GoldenNest2727 April 2nd, 2022

Congratulations, ouiCherie! I can't think of a more deserving person. You rock!

ouiCherie April 3rd, 2022

@GoldenNest2727

You're as sweet as always πŸ’œ thank you, Golden!

LavenderHere April 2nd, 2022

@Heather225 thank you so much for the post!
Yayyyyyy @ouiCherie you so deserve the spotlight! You are such a dedicated and hardworking leader, I've seen your lovely posts for CDM and Relationship Support. And also you're so kind and compassionate, I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

@LavenderHere

As you are Lav! πŸ’œ thank you for the kind words and for being an awesome teammate!

featherlyPrincess5755 April 2nd, 2022

YAY !! cONGRATZ

@featherlyPrincess5755

Thank you!! πŸ’œπŸ€—

April 3rd, 2022

@ouiCherie yayyy. You are awesome 🧑

@DonaldDraper

Am I now? πŸ˜›βœŒπŸ˜ thanks Don! πŸ’œ

Robynni April 3rd, 2022

@ouiCherie Congratulations my friend! You are so wonderful, this is much deserved. We adore you! ❀️

@Robynni

Ahhh Robyn! Thank you πŸ’œπŸ€— missing you on Lightship! Hehe...

Robynni April 3rd, 2022

@ouiCherie You're too sweet heheπŸ’• Know that I still check in and see your wonderful work on my Robynni feed there πŸ’• Smashing it as always! πŸ˜„

@Robynni yay! πŸ’œπŸ€—πŸ™πŸ»