Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Leadership Spotlight: Jenna

Heather225 March 19th

This month I have the honor of highlighting one of our longest-standing listeners, @Jenna!
ls-march2024_1710874387.png

You may know Jenna from their work as lead of the Peer Support program and in LSR. 

Message from the nominator: They are really good mentor and really know how to keep the LSR intact and running smoothly, This crm have master of knowledge that they help with any questions that come up. I just want to give an example where this crm went above and beyond. There were 2 listeners need cs and this listener offered to give cs to both. They really know how to handle things when it gets tough in the LSR but are willing to have laid-back chats when it’s time for that.

Some other shoutouts from the Admin Team who have all worked with Jenna over the years;

Jenna!! Congratulations on this great achievement. Well deserved for all your work. - EvelyneRose

Congratulations Jenna! Your hard work and dedication truly shows. Keep shining brightly! :heart:- Bookworm4

Thank you for your thoughtful leadership in the Peer Support program. Your dedication, expertise, and careful work continued to play a pivotal role in the PS team's success. I'm grateful to have had you at the helm.  Working with you has been a learning experience, and thank you for guiding us. Congratulations Jenna for this milestone! :muscle::skin-tone-2: -Obs

Jenna, your presence in the community is a comforting light. Thank you for your guidance, kindness, and all the careful dedication you put into your work. - SoulfullyAButterfly

Jenna, your commitment to fostering a supportive community has not gone unnoticed! Congratulations on being chosen for the 7Cups Leadership Spotlight. Your empathy and guidance inspire us all. Here's to the positive impact you continue to make! :confetti_ball: - CheeryMango

Many things have changed over time but your presence in LSR remains unchanged. Thank you for providing support in LSR even after all these years and for all the work you have done as a leader on 7 Cups! - Hope

Jenna is a person with a huge heart. She cares deeply for the people she mentors and understands the importance of empathy and really seeing the world through another person's eyes. Jenna also has real grit, perseverance and determination. She shows courage and strength and is a reminder to all of us that with support we can all become more resilient and stronger. Indeed, she has helped many of us find strength in times of need. Jenna, thank you for you service to our community :pray: :heart: :sparkles:- Glen

🌮 Interview with Jenna!

What motivates you to be a volunteer? I'm motivated to volunteer by a deep sense of empathy and a desire to contribute positively to the community. Being able to make a difference, even in small ways, brings me a great sense of fulfillment. Additionally, I see volunteering as an opportunity to connect with others, learn new things, and grow personally and professionally. Ultimately, knowing that my efforts can have a meaningful impact on someone else's life is what drives me to volunteer.

Your proudest 7 Cups achievement.
1. That I managed to hang on for 10 years.

2. Helping someone through a difficult time and witnessing their growth and resilience. I had a long-term member a couple of years ago who has since moved on from the site. They went through some very hard things, and they were able to find their way to grow and become stronger from when we talked on day 1.

Which fellow 7 Cups leader(s) do you admire and why? There are so many I adore and admire. Too many to name without writing an essay. One person who stands out to me is @InternalAcceptance. We have known each other for years now, which feels like it's been forever. They understand me more than anyone on this site and know how to meet me at my logic. They have also been a dedicated leader to this site for years and I admire their guidance and support.

Which active listening skills help you when communicating with your teammates and fellow leaders? Empathy and open-mindedness. Open-mindedness comes with realizing we are a diverse community and each culture and person has a different perspective and way of how things are done. Empathy comes in with understanding the hard work and dedication it takes to be here, support others, and work on projects while managing real life.

If you had one piece of advice for our community (leaders/listeners/members/etc), what would it be? If I could offer one piece of advice for our community, it would be to prioritize empathy and understanding in all interactions. Whether you're a leader, listener, or member, approaching others with empathy fosters a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and respected. Take the time to listen to others actively, seek to understand their perspectives, and respond with kindness and compassion. By cultivating empathy within our community, we can build stronger connections, resolve conflicts more effectively, and create a space where everyone feels heard and supported. Oh yeah, and don't forget that self-care in the famous words of @CommunityModIris!

-
Congratulations, Jenna! Thank you for your service!

Have you worked with Jenna? Let us know in the replies!
Heather225 OP March 19th
We're always looking to showcase our leaders' talent! Nominate them here!
GlenM March 19th

Thank you Jenna for your leadership! 

HealingTalk March 19th

@Heather225

I admire Jenna so much! She is a role model for me. Jenna is by far one of the kindest, smartest and most committed persons I have met in Cups. 

It is a privilege and a blessing that we have Jenna, such an outstanding person, as a 7 Cups Leader. 

People like Jenna make 7 Cups the great place it is. 

Thank you Jenna for 10 years helping build this wonderful place and making a difference for the better in uncountable people’s lives!

niamh333 March 19th

@Heather225 Yasss congratsb @Jenna!! We love you <3

AnnaSilverberg March 19th
🐦 @Heather225 🐦

Yay! Fantastic interview, H!

🚀 @Jenna 🚀

My twin brian! 
💕 I am so proud of you! 💕
You're such an amazing person and 
the spotlight truly deserves you in it! 
✨💙✨
✨ 
YourCaringConfidant March 19th

This could never be a surprise to see someone as @Jenna in the spotlight. Jenna is such a beautiful person and always there willing to help others. She makes such a big difference in the lives of others. She truly deserves all the recognition and acknowledgement. It makes me so happy reading all the sweet words that people left for her. Everything so very true. ♡ Xoxo. 

March 20th

No surprise there 😊

Jenna has been a steady and calm presence in LSR, as well as a master of forum knowledge.

As I can see, they have been a role model for many listeners on here.

Congratulations for all you do! 💙

coolvibes March 20th

@Heather225 I have had the honor of interacting with Jenna for years at 7cups. I have witnessed them grow and evolve here on cups. They have become such a strong role model for the community. Their dedication to 7 cups is undeniable. They are creative and resourceful, and use all their skills to keep the LSR a positive environment for listeners. I have had respect for Jenna from the first time I encountered them.

SoulfullyAButterfly March 20th

@Jenna congratulations! Very well deserved. 🎊

Kristynsmama March 21st

@Heather225 @Jenna

This is so well deserved.  I can’t think of a more dedicated and deserving leader.  I have known Jenna for almost the entire time I’ve been a listener (we joined within a few months of each other).

I appreciate Jenna so much for their support and friendship over the years!  And I’m lucky to call them one of my twins!

Jenna, I’m so proud of how far you have come.  You manage your personal challenges and Cups with such grace.

MistyMagic March 21st

@Heather225 @Jenna

Congratulations Jenna! And, it is so nice to see all of admin's congratulating and recognising your contributions!

Listening - One Step At A Time! - Written with no AI!

MydogLiz8 March 23rd

@Heather225  <3       

@Jenna

*Hats off to you Jenna!!  You're absolutely amazing and deserve the Spotlight!!*

You make my heart smile! <3  

Lou73 April 2nd

@Heather225

Congratulations @Jenna! A well deserved spotlight and a great interview. Thank you for always being supportive and knowledgeable and huge congrats on 10 years! 😊  

blitheSun94 August 6th

@Heather225

@Jenna is truly ✨amazing.✨ Can’t imagine 7 Cups without them. 

💕

Kristynsmama August 6th

@Heather225

@Jenna totally deserves this.  I’ve known them since the beginning!  I’m so grateful to know them and call them a Cups friend.