Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

"Not Worthy"

SwordsandPens March 21st

In shadows cast by doubt's cruel light, I wander lost in endless night. Each step I take, weighed down with fear, For whispers echo, loud and clear.

"Not worthy," they chant, with cruel refrain, Echoes of doubt, relentless pain. A heart that aches, a soul that yearns, For validation, yet it spurns.

In every glance, in every word, The echo of not being heard. A puzzle missing a vital piece, A melody that cannot find release.

I strive to reach for lofty goals, Yet insecurity takes its toll. I paint a smile upon my face, Yet deep within, I feel displaced.

Comparisons, a bitter sting, As self-worth falters, on fragile wing. I measure up, or so I try, Yet the bar keeps rising, beyond the sky.

But hush now, let me find reprieve, In the gentle whisper of belief. For though I falter, and often fall, In imperfection, I find my call.

For in the depths of self-doubt's abyss, I discover strength, I reminisce, That greatness lies not in perfection's sheen, But in embracing flaws, as they've always been.

So let me stand, not feeling tall, But knowing I am enough after all. For in this journey, fraught with pain, I find my worth, and I'll rise again.

HealingMoonlight March 21st

@SwordsandPens Hey, thank you for sharing. This is beautifully written, and many lines resonate with me. One in particular stood out: "Hush now, let me find reprieve, In the gentle whisper of belief. For though I falter, and often fall, In imperfection, I find my call."

SwordsandPens OP March 22nd

@HealingMoonlight

I'm glad you found resonance in those lines.