Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Definition of This Help Group

CatPlum24 January 6th, 2016

@QuickJazz Theres already bigots going on about the "reverse racism" and the "positive discrimination" on this site due to this safe space for people of color.

Would you be so kind as to put HERE on 7cups what the purpose of this group is for so I can stop making holes in my wall?

AffyAvo January 6th, 2016

I agree that having a post about the purpose and thus the ability to link to such a post would be useful.

QuickJazz January 7th, 2016

So sorry to hear about this!

Tagging in the YPoC community manager @KimsonTheSteveFundYPOC and @Laura to hopefully be able to provide this information

Laura January 7th, 2016

Hello All,

The Steve Fund is one of our Partner Organizations. The mission of The Steve Fund "is to promote the emotional well-being and mental health of youth in ethnically diverse communities. [The Steve Fund supports] competitive scholarships for research on the mental health challenges facing college students of color [and] the Fund is supporting the growth of a generation of scholars with knowledge and capacity to address the behavioral health needs of our target population."

The Steve Fund's Mission at 7 Cups is to create a safe haven for "youth in ethnically diverse communities." The forum & the group support chatroom were created to help build this safe haven, encourage discussion & support around relevant topics to promote emotional well being.

You will continue to see conversations posted in this forum category and group discussions aimed at supporting anyone who lives in a diverse community. Everyone is welcome to participate regardless of their background.

Tazzie August 24th, 2018

Moving thread to FAQ sub-forum in POC. Thank you!