Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Have you been a victim to racism?

comfortableNight4463 January 22nd, 2022

I'm sure a fair amount of us have been subjected to racism irrespective of how we look or where our roots are.

I've had multiple experiences from as early as kindergarten.

Those experiences have left a lasting detriment on my self-esteem even to this day which I am actively working to rectify.

How have you responded to racism?

sunnyWriting4806 January 22nd, 2022

Hi @comfortableNight4463,

This is a great post and I'm glad that you're bringing awareness to this type of experience we may go through especially as people of color. Personally I've been victims of racism many times. As an Asian American it's not so hard to run into direct or indirect forms of racism here and there. Yet for me learning to ignore people and these remarks have really helped to curb my anger and frustration towards these people. I realized it's not really worth the time and energy to really be angry at these kinds of senseless remarks in the first place.

comfortableNight4463 OP January 23rd, 2022

@sunnyWriting4806 Thank you for this! I agree. As an asian, I've definitely felt some micro-aggressions here and there but I realized the best way to protect my peace is just to ignore them.

mliu357 February 25th, 2023

Ask them how it’s funny, how’d they respond if they were in my position & then fill them in on how their ignorance isn’t humorous as it can cause many mental issues.