Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Angry black woman

November 17th, 2021

Any tips help me to not be the angry black woman when I’m surrounded by white ignorance 24/7? I’m desperate. I need tips. I need help to not showcase my anger to the ignorant.

Stacey84 November 17th, 2021

Can I ask why you think white people are ignorant?

Secretbee10 April 17th, 2022

I don’t think anyone called white people ignorant, but white ignorance is real. I’m pretty sure it’s not the best way to say there’s a lack of understanding and consideration towards others who are not white to White people just like there’s ignorance from Black people towards others who are non-Black.

Secretbee10 April 17th, 2022

Well, first you have every right to be angry if someone is being disrespectful and you are dealing with ignorance. However, ignorance doesn’t mean stupidity if that’s what you mean, so considering the fragility mindset, let’s be mindful about how matters are discussed on public platforms 😉. Second, it could be useful to find an outlet to let off some stream if expressing yourself to others who are disrespectful is unsuccessful. You can learn to communicate yourself differently without coming off as “angry” to those who are being ignorant but in a manner that you still express yourself as someone deserving of respect. You’ll always deal with others who will disrespect your boundaries, feelings, and you as a human being in general, you can reciprocate how they treat you, ignore them, and/or be the more mature one, put them in their place by being kind then keep it pushing. You are deserving of respect in many areas and you have the right to express emotions like anger, just don’t let others to make you feel like you are undeserving nor sink to their level.

raspberryboobag April 18th, 2022

I sense racism

humorousHickory8228 June 21st, 2022

how-

mliu357 February 25th, 2023

How

affableTown5581 September 15th, 2023

@raspberryboobag i sense a combative and negative insinuation on a mental health platform forum designed for judgement free posting.... dot dot dot...

chrysalisburst July 16th, 2022

Hi. My name is Gwen. I know this is an old post, but people are still reading it, and I think this is a really important question that was asked. Full disclosure....I am a white, non-binary queer person. And I agree, white people are ignorant, in general, about the experiences of people outside of their race. Also, white people can become defensive about that because they don't always see what people outside of their race are going through, because it is not on their radar. They don't see what other people are experiencing every day. And some people don't want to see it. And that really isn't okay.....we really have no excuse for not trying to understand and change things. When there are experiences of trauma because of oppression, it is an adaptive response to be angry and to seek to change things. What I hear the person saying that posted this is that she wants to know what to do with the anger that she feels, and maybe that it isn't always safe to express it. And I agree, it isn't always safe, because people....white people especially, may not get it. So, taking a stab at this (though obviously I do not have the insider perspective), I would say, do not squelch the anger, but look for people to express the anger with that are safe, who also have firsthand experience with what you are experiencing. And coming on here in this community is one way to do that. Maybe there are other communities as well, locally, to reach out to? There will be people who will be able to advise you as to when and how to express what you are feeling and how and when to respond to white ignorance and racism.

Sourdough384 February 25th, 2023

I'm sorry you feel people feel that way. I don't necessarily dislike black people, I just have this gripe that my folks said I would marry someone called bonquisha or something when I was a kid cause we watched this Eddie Murphy movie. We're all people. Also this black lady talked to me in a hot tub at like great wolf lodge water park so that was awful cause it made me think about it and it was awful.

affableTown5581 September 15th, 2023

Black man here 👋 by the replies I'm guessing this was never answered. If you don't want to be the angry black woman don't be around people who will label you as the angry black woman. You aren't the problem your environment is. It sounds like your around ignorance 24 7? That's a toxic environment, I would consider changing jobs, moving or just getting away from that vibe and discrimination. I can relate as a "dangerous black man" who spend ls most my day watching anime, writing fanfic and doing photography. I'm sooo scary lol. Most "angry black women" are actually just rightfully offended black women. I'm sorry people are making you feel alienated in your environment!