Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need silence but I’m a mom of 3!

lifeisbeautiful37 February 15th, 2021

I’m about to have another intake evaluation to get a new therapist through insurance and see if I can be evaluated for BPD. In the past I was diagnosed with an unknown mood disorder. My mood can change so rapidly throught the day! I grew up as an only child and always loved being alone. I’m very dependent. Now I’ve been married 16 years and have 3 children. I enjoy silence. I enjoy being alone. I enjoy my own space. I enjoy sleeping alone in my own bed. Being a wife and mom, I can never get enough of silence and alone time. I have been retreating further and further into myself and staying more and more in my bedroom with the door locked. My husband understands. He gives me all the space I need and is a great dad to our kids. Our youngest who is 6 has autism and nearly constantly talks and moves around. Even with a respite provider I can’t get enough alone time. I’m at my best when I am teaching music online to my students and am working on music-related projects. At this point, I feel like I need a long break from everything!!!

FinleyTews February 20th, 2021

@lifeisbeautiful37 I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling out of sorts. It must be really hard to deal with your own moods alongside caring for your family. I'm glad you have some relief from music and your husband. Hope your evaluation will go, or has gone well. Do you think noise-cancelling headphones would help?

lifeisbeautiful37 OP February 20th, 2021

Any I get seem too tight

lifeisbeautiful37 OP February 20th, 2021

Earbuds listening to iTunes helps