Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I just wanted to share this...

sofiagrace August 19th, 2015

This is one of the best articles I've ever read about BPD, written by someone who actually has the disorder.

http://www.themilitantbaker.com/2013/08/the-truth-behind-borderline-personality.html

this is one of the best parts of it-

"I wish I could issue a Public Service Announcement to everyone who identifies with mental illness symptoms that says: IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. We are all, yes all, a sum of our experiences and genetic makeup. You are not responsible for anything that has happened to you, or the way you were born. As humans, we instinctually do what is needed to survive and for those of us who experience an extreme diagnosis, our survival instincts may look strange to others. This is okay. When to change? That's your decision. If the repercussions from your coping mechanisms have started to affect your life negatively, you deserve the option to seek assistance. Every person deserves a balanced, happy and fulfilling life, you included. Fortunately for us, today we have resources that are helpful and effective. YOU DESERVE ALL OF THE HAPPY. The end."

PerfectlyImperfectt21 August 19th, 2015

Thank you for sharing this!

enthusiasticBlackberry3865 August 19th, 2015

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you for sharing.

baZzchik54 November 23rd, 2015

Can someone pls get the Unicorn to contact me....I really need support which I cannot

get if I can't po post

cristiana33 November 26th, 2015

@baZzchik54

Hey I don't know which Unicorn are you talking about. If you need support you can connect with other Listeners who are available. Or look in your messages list and you might find his username there. Posting here won't help as they cannot see your post without being tagged.

baZzchik54 November 29th, 2015

@cristiana 33

Thank you for taking the time to shout out an answer for for my silly questions... Im having a hard time navigating this site...LoL😹 I appreciate your response.....baZzchik

LaaraNYC November 28th, 2015

Great piece! Thanks for posting it.