Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fallout of an outburst

CatDude April 10th, 2023

So not that long ago I had a angry outburst at work... I got really angry and swore at my supervisor effectively telling her to go f herself. Apparently I was so heated she feared I would floor her but I have never been violent physically.

It's been some time since that happened and whilst I have apologised my apology was not accepted by any of my work colleagues. They all know I have EUPD but instead of trying to understand what happened I've effectively been villianised.

Well my mental health team prevented me getting sacked and to my surprise backed me up really well. Arguing that work contributed to my poor mental state.

Anyway. If others can't find in themselves to forgive me is that not their problem? I'm no longer feeling guilty about what happened as it was some time ago now. It's frustrating that people at work still harbour the grudge though. How do you win people back following a rage incident? Or is it a lost cause?

SolarGenerator April 16th, 2023

@CatDude After an expression of anger, it can be tough to win back people. Anger can remind people of times they were hurt before, so it isn't necessarily about you. If they can't forgive themselves, they cannot forgive you either.

Impact is important to someone people. If one has the time and energy, empathy can be developed. Empathy starts with serving others without seeking for a reward. One can start by looking how to do what is best, even for their so-called 'enemies'. It can be a challenge but definitely worth it.