Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Diagnosed but no idea where to start

EnvyMichelle September 17th, 2020

Hi. I'm Envy.

I was diagnosed with bdp back in 2018 and its been an uphill struggle since then. I want to find help but where I live there isn't really anyone around who can help me.

My main question and concern is how to stop yourself from being self destructive in any aspect in life before it explodes on you?

Over time I have almost repeatedly ruined my marriage because I cannot seem to control my anger or playing a victim card when I feel upset.

On top of that since my childhood my coping mechanism has always been to isolate myself, which makes my symptoms almost always considerably worse.

What advice would you have to offer for someone like me?

Cinna84 September 20th, 2020

@EnvyMichelle

Check in to DBT if you are not already doing it. Teaches and amazing amount of skills for handling life.

7motivation September 18th, 2020

@EnvyMichelle

Hi. At 7Cups, we avoid giving advice because we don't really know you or your situation.

But we try to help you work things out and deal with feelings and become aware of resources that might be useful.

Here are example web search results that might have information you find relevant for your situation:

borderline personality disorder stop self-destructive

Google results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=borderline+personality+disorder+stop+self-destructive

Bing video results:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=borderline+personality+disorder+stop+self-destructive

Note: Bing.com search for videos results are better because you can preview the videos directly on this page without opening a video. Just hover your cursor over the video of interest and then if it says "preview", then you click on the speaker x button to hear the video preview.

If one explores the topics they have questions about, they can learn more and understand things better.

I hope that give you a starting point. Maybe if you look through it you'll get or find some inspiration that you are specifically looking for, because you know best what that is.