Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Crying and Relationship Trouble

PoisonCupcakes November 22nd, 2019

I have borderline personality disorder and I cry a lot about being alone even though I feel both repulsed and attracted to the idea of a relationship because I wish I was in one every day.

The problem is when I'm single I tend to cry every other night because I feel lonely. I feel touch starved and empty. I have supportive friends but I still crave the intimacy of falling in love with someone.

When I'm in a relationship then I stay up and cry because I don't trust the person, get paranoid about how long it'll last, have a hard time believing that they really love me. I get mad at every little thing they do and feel disgusted by the person even though I know I logically shouldn't be since they're up to my standards and realistically not doing much wrong even though my mood swings say they are.

I know I'm not ready for a relationship but I'm lonely so its difficult to deal with sometimes.

GretasRebel November 22nd, 2019

@PoisonCupcakes take time to discover who you are, if you enjoy your alone time then you'll enjoy being with someone else. Not because you're lonely but because you have something mutual to share. Crying is good so you don't bottle it up. Relationships take a lot of work to be able to sustain. You will have one when you're completely ready. It's better to wait a while than to rush in and both ruin it because they didn't know how to maintain it.

PoisonCupcakes OP November 22nd, 2019

@GretasRebel That's the same mindset I have, yeah. Its just day to day I'm still lonely often and even tho I'm not ready for it I'm dealing with having cravings for a relationship which comes and goes...

Thanks for your input.