Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

OCD

Cherry100 August 12th, 2023

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting in a forum.

I have not been diagnosed with ocd but I have been having the symptoms for a while.I was surprised that I started having these symptoms out of nowhere .Intrusive thoughts make you feel restless and may make you doubt yourself..One thing that I have learned is that these are definitely not your thoughts.The more you try to push it away or try to reason with these thoughts it becomes harder to let that thought go.Sometimes you are able to handle it by yourself and then there will be days where you can't let that thought go.But let's not worry a lot guys.We can overcome this.. Always remember that you are not alone.

We can use this forum to talk abt it.

cindyzheng1344 August 12th, 2023

@Cherry100

Welcome to the forum! Many of us here can relate to what you're going through, and you're right – those thoughts are not a true reflection of who you are.

You're already on the right track by acknowledging that some days are tougher than others. Progress isn't always linear, and that's okay.

Sharing your feelings and experiences can be really helpful. This forum is a safe space to connect with others who understand and can provide support. Don't hesitate to reach out, ask questions, or just vent when you need to. And remember, seeking professional help if things become overwhelming is a strong and proactive step.

Cherry100 OP August 14th, 2023

@cindyzheng1344

Thank you so much

tallKiwi7732 April 21st

Yes I agree, I have severe OCD. Can someone tell me where to get free ocd treatment online pls asap

23helicopters August 13th, 2023

Hi. I feel exactly the same. Therapy where I live is not so affordable and the waiting lists are so long. So I'm trying to do what I can on my own to feel better. Intrusive thoughts are so hard to deal with! I wish there was a way to stop them completely. Lately I've been educating myself about ocd and anxiety, (I haven't been diagnosed but I'm definitely sure I have them) to understand what's going on in my mind better. It's already good to understand it but now I just want to heal.

But I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one!! I haven't met people here who also have ocd to discuss it with them.

I hope we all will heal soon.

Cherry100 OP August 14th, 2023

@23helicopters

Yes we will heal.Don't worry.And also if you want to talk about it I am here.

23helicopters August 15th, 2023

Yes!! I would love to talk about that with you. I feel so misunderstood right now even tho I'm trying to communicate and explain how I feel my parents and other family members don't get it. So online forums is the only place where I can express how i truly feel

Barltik2065 August 15th, 2023

@Cherry100

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for displaying great strength in sharing with us.

Yes we can together overcome and achieve.

Not feeling alone is so empowering, Thank you for being here.

What positive adventure have you gone on recently and what made it so positive?

bubbleBike4249 December 27th, 2023

Hi are you active now would love to talk to you about ocd xx

@Cherry100 trying to find ppl to talk abt my hyperfixation that are NOT werid or yk..

@Angie1fluffy1boots also I love how ur name is Cherry like in Cherri bomb XD

niceSkies9792 June 1st

So true I keep doubting all the time!