Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

how to make friends

kakaka0303 February 23rd

i feel lonely most of the time. i know i should open up and try to find some friends but it feels impossible for a person like me. i feel like no one understands me, even my "close" friends at school, and that's why we don't get along. and that's why i always crave true friendships but i can't find them anywhere

jesusredeemedme2425 February 24th

@kakaka0303

I'll be your friend! :)

kakaka0303 OP February 24th

hello 👋🏻 ☺️ wanna talk?

@kakaka0303

Absolutely! <3 Why is it hard for you to make friends?

maybe it's because i'm so different from other people around me. i actually have my one and only best friend, but we go to different school and she is very busy, so sometimes i feel extremely lonely.

since i go to high school, i always struggle not to feel left out, but most of the time i do. i cant get involved in their conversation because we are so different, i feel like i always have to be happy otherwise i will be left out. and i'm not that kind of person, i'm depressed, i'm quieter than anyone in my school. i hate being left out so i often push people away, or pretend that i dont care so that no one can leave me out again.

@kakaka0303

I'm kinda the same way. I'm shy and quiet (at least until I get comfy!). I don't fit in with the popular people (side note, I'm a young adult who ain't so young anymore lol). I've found that I fit in better with the misfits and outcasts and shyer people. Have you tried reaching out to them instead? Just notice someone in the corner tomorrow, alone, and say hi to them. Maybe start a conversation based on you complimenting their shirt or something. Something basic. I learned that even with severe depression and social anxiety, I can still collect a passel of friends around me, just by looking for the ones who would normally be overlooked. <3

thank u for the advice! but i'm living in a closed environment, and every one in my school has their own friends, so that's why it's so hard to find someone new 😭 i can't wait til graduation because i really hope when i get out of high school i could be my true self and find friends that truly accept me.

College is WAYYYYY easier to make friends, it seems. I was homeschooled so idk personally lol