Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Parenting and Pregnancy Community Check-In: July 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023

Truth22 July 1st, 2023

good-luck.gif

"To be a parent is to be the chief designer of a product more advanced than any technology and more interesting than the greatest work of art." - Alain de Botton.

1. What did you struggle with this month in your parenting or pregnancy journey?

2. What small or big win did you achieve with your baby, toddler, adolescent, teen, adult child, or pregnancy this month?

Tagging the P&P Taglist: @Iyyana @tommy @Truth22

Never want to miss a post? Add or remove yourself with the Parenting and Pregnancy Taglist! Click Here

Edited 7/10/2023 for clarity and to extend the length of time for checking in. - Truth22

helloOcean562 July 1st, 2023

**chest bump

enjoy your 4th of July weekend

Truth22 OP July 1st, 2023

@helloOcean562 Likewise Ocean!!

akay06 July 2nd, 2023
  1. My baby girl decided to come 3 weeks earlier than expected and we cannot get into the pediatrician three days after release from the hospital because of the Fourth of July holiday so the hospital staff is making me feel like a horrible parent when I don’t know how I can make the pediatrician office open on a federal holiday.
  2. I have been breast feeding around the clock since bringing her home to get her weight up. Since she was so early, she’s very small, but she’s feeding like a champ.
Truth22 OP July 2nd, 2023

@akay06

Congratulations on the new baby!!

- Super frustrating when the staff expects you to work miracles. 😒 When there's nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do.

- I'm glad to hear she's feeding well! That is a definite win! Go, you and baby!! ❤️

passionateBirch5272 August 31st, 2023

I'm about 4 months pregnant and a SAHM & Homeschooler to an 8 year old.

This month we lost our dog, Sage... she was so precious to us, a true member of the family. She died due to an infection after I'd kept her as healthy as possible with cancer over the last 6 years. She was 13 years old.

Losing her as an emotional support and friend was really rough... I had no idea that after losing her, I would lose interest in my pregnancy also...

I think in part Im blaming myself for becoming pregnant and noticing the changes in her... she became a little distant once she realized I was pregnant. I just knew she wasn't the same.

In the midst of all this, my husband has been struggling to provide fully, leaving my son and I without insurance, and I've seen no OBGYN yet. We also lost a baby a couple of years ago, so I'm consistently worried about this one and it's survival.

I can't talk about my pregnancy to anyone... I've been informed to keep it away from my family as long as possible because they may not be well meaning towards me in this position.

Each day I'm attempting to serve my Family and Spirit appropriately, but I'm so stressed and worried.

I feel VERY alone. And I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I've thought of leaving this earth several times and find it difficult to calm down after stressful thoughts or conversations. No substance is safe to take right now in consideration of the little one...

This is all my answer to question 1.... smh and I feel totally ashamed about it.

Help seems so far away so much of the time.