Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Real Event OCD and Intrusive thoughts

Feneis May 4th

Hello everyone, 

For over a year now, I struggle with intrusive thoughts. However, I learnt to deal with them...so for quite a long time I was doing quite well. Unfortunately, few days ago, some intrusive memories popped up. Since then, I'm thinking about it all the time.

In the past, I did some very stupid and strange things for which I'm not proud of, almost feel disgusted by my actions....I can't understand why I did it (unfortunately it mixes with my intrusive thoughts). It feels like it wasn't me when did those things, I would never do this now.  I have the feeling that my past actions must mean something, that they define me now, that have to be this or that person etc. I'd love to forget it and be just my old self (when I haven't had these memories). It feels like the memories changed now everything about me :( 

ASilentObserver May 16th

@Feneis I am sorry to hear that Feneis, you have been through a lot and learned ways to cope with difficult experiences, but recent events have brought back painful memories. Those feelings of shame and self-disgust can be heavy. How has dealing with these memories affected your life lately?