Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

OCD on attachment to people

Lillyskb June 17th

This is an idea I am exploring. I have researched it and it seems that OCD can happen with relationships to people or things. I definitely do not have it in the traditional sense, but seem to have a pattern of very strong crushes that are all consuming. I have been married 20 years and in that time have had multiples of these crushes. They are often reciprocated but I have not ever been disloyal. It would be my worst nightmare. I adore my husband. I tend to put someone on a pedestal and obsess over them. It can last months or years. It is rather painful and all consuming for me. I'm not sure if this is even the right platform to get help for this but I thought I would give it a try.

CheeryMango June 28th

It sounds like you're going through a tough time with these intense crushes that seem to take over your thoughts. It's good that you're reaching out to understand it better.  From what you’ve shared, it seems like these obsessive feelings might be related to something like OCD, which can show up in different ways, including in our relationships. Think about setting some limits for yourself. Maybe reduce the time you spend thinking about or interacting with the person you’re crushing on. It’s all about finding ways to keep those thoughts from taking over. Spending quality time with your husband can help shift your focus. Plan some fun activities together or just have a heart-to-heart conversation. Reconnecting with him might help balance your feelings.