Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

a little rant

butterflyy3 January 20th

hi to whoever is kind enough to read this thread.

i’ve been dealing with my ocd for over 3 years now. it started bc of this stupid cooking class i took which led me to my lovely friends tina (contamination ocd). don’t laugh bc i named it… life gets hard i put humour to help. anyways, since then i haven’t been myself. i’ve lost friends, had breakups and even got told the wonderful news that my ex and my best friend are dating. i want to tell myself that if they are happy i am happy but i can’t it’s not right. what happened to girl code? keep in mind me and my ex were dating almost 5 years. to be fair, i wasn’t the best gf to him or at least i saw it that way. it could of been my depression that kicked in later from my ocd. i never enjoyed anything but he kept trying and loving me. i ended up breaking up with him to focus on me and i said some poorly things to him such as i wanted to explore other ppl bc i’ve been feeling like im stuck in this continuous cycle and bubble with my ocd/depression and the fact that i might acc like girls too. i hooked up with some guy after the breakup which i deeply regret. but lots was on my mind and i lead him on the last bits of our relationship. i feel terrible that i did. i do miss him a lot bc he was my best friend and he knew me so well when i felt like i was a ghost to myself.

anyways i know this isn’t anything related to my ocd. but it definitely has an impact on my life. should i even be worried about them two dating? i can’t shake the feeling that me wanting to do something for ME for once is so much worse than my best friend and ex hooking up and eventually dating.

butterflyy3 OP January 20th

realizing now i come off so mean. i’m not the type of person to talk about my life. i feel like i'm a bad person. just rlly tired of this all.

Tinywhisper11 January 20th

@butterflyy3 I can see why your tired of all this. You didn't come of sounding mean, best friend saying your ex, I would of thought that's a no go area. Except maybe for special circumstances. But yeah! It's gonna play in your mental health alot, so perhaps back away for a bit. Give yourself time, to understand how you really feel about it all. I'm sorry your struggling so bad right now, we are here for you ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤