Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is this body dysmorphophobia?

Snowflake133 September 20th, 2022

When I was a kid, I had people commenting on my weight for my whole life , I was shy and awkward and wouldn't stand up for myself , I wish I did.

When my teenage years hit I wouldn't really eat , I tried my hardest to be skinny like my other friends , it's all I'd think about , it would consume me .

Now as I'm older I've gained weight from my 17 year old self I'm now almost 20 and it's all I can think about , I feel disgusting with the way I look , I don't feel like myself no more , I feel guilty everytime I eat something , I feel insecure anytime I wear something outside .

It's not even that I'm ridiculously overweight either

It's just the fact I see myself everytime I gain weight ten times bigger than I am.

I'm exhausted from my mind thinking this

oneamongstyou285 September 21st, 2022

Hi there.. [edited] it could be caused by Low self esteem and lack of faith in one's abilities(capable of overshadowing the small prblms) I also have such a mental condition.. my prime focus is on my skin as well as weight.. and as you mentioned.. all thru my childhood i was quite healthy and i was teased every now & then by outsiders & family alike.. so it does have a bearing on our minds too.. maybe you should ask urself if there's someone who can remind you every now and then of how nice you are.. (like there are such natural born appreciators..) smeone whose company wud fill you with optimistic opinions abt yourself.. ultimately it should cure you from such distress on weight issues too.. and then comes a time when u won't bother much abt it.. or else be thst person 4ur ownself ..

All the best

[changes by theriverissinging, guidelines here]

oneamongstyou285 September 21st, 2022

PS- Nothing cud be better if that person happens to be from opposite gender👍