Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ukelele

lituratesweets April 23rd, 2023

So I’ve been getting into the ukelele as my school offers me one as an extracurricular. Now I’m not the best with my hands and I can’t tune by ear for some reason, even though I can play piano by ear (confuses me so much) but other then that it’s going okay for someone that doesn’t have a teacher.

Ive been trying to learn Worldstar money by Joji,, as it has a sorta repeating pattern and kinda easy chords from what I’ve learned of it so far.

i have to use TABS solely because I get upset, frustrated, and distracted when I watch videos of others.

the video is mirrored so I have to reverse the action their doing in my mind, plus it will move on assuming you got what it said down instead of pausing for help like I need sometimes.

and I’m probably too stubborn for a teacher anyways,,

uh,, I’d like to hear other peoples experiences with the ukelele

(please share anything you think of that doesn’t break rules. I AM interested and I WILL read it. If not me then others. Love y’all stay safe,, drink water take breaks,,)

VictoriaLove7 April 23rd, 2023

@lituratesweets

Have you tried to learn from YouTube? To tune it too. I've learned guitar from YouTube.

lituratesweets OP April 23rd, 2023

Yes-

i ah mentioned that in the post,,

bubbleCurrent6525 April 23rd, 2023

@lituratesweets

I played the ukulele. I have a teacher since it is school required course for music class. I would say it is better to have a teacher to teach you. If you have a keyboard or piano at home you can use it to tune the ukulele. Since you know how to tune the piano you can play a note on the piano that match with the ukulele.

https://www.get-tuned.com/ukulele-tuning-piano.php

lituratesweets OP April 23rd, 2023

Oh!! Thank you so so much!!