Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

FluffyPigeon0 May 29th, 2015

Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see the shadows.

FluffyPigeon0 May 29th, 2015

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night" -Sarah Williams

bubbleCranberry2923 May 29th, 2015

Fear is going to be a player in your life. You can spend your life imagining ghosts, worrying about your pathway to the future, but all there will ever be is what's happening here and the decision we make in this moment which are based in either love or fear Jim Carrey

ThymeSeries007 May 29th, 2015

Survival is triumph enough.
Harry Crews

zenbound101 May 30th, 2015

Yes just Yes!

calmGrotto89 May 29th, 2015

?Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.? ? Ralph Waldo Emerson

ambitiousWest8361 February 11th, 2020

@calmGrotto89

And what if there is no one who could tell you that this is wrong , this is right and only action you get is judged ?

?Don?t be discouraged. It?s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.?

?Don?t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.? ? Earl Nightingale

?Winners never quit, and quitters never win.? ? Vince Lombardi

?I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won?t work.? ? Thomas Edison

ArtWordsLoveLight May 29th, 2015

I get that I can't save the world alone. No one may care what I have to say. But you have to start somewhere and if no one talks about the issues than they turn into monsters, at least exposing and experiencing truth is the beginning to healing. If I don't speak up than who speaks for me? I know I am not alone because I am herebut I don't know where you are. If everyone did something good today, our Earths aura might glow brighter than the sun!

anime1st May 29th, 2015

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self." ~ Aldous Huxley

quickwittedChestnut7079 May 30th, 2015

Love this

You only fail when you quit.

It takes 15 years to become a overnight success.

quickwittedChestnut7079 May 30th, 2015

"Smile! Things are working out even if you can't see it yet"

limesnpeppers May 30th, 2015

?When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.?? Henry Ford

Lonelykat16 May 30th, 2015

"Sometimes the person who tries the to keep everyone happy is the most lonely person"

lovingOcelot8696 June 3rd, 2015

I feel like that's me so much of the time.

OhhKay March 5th, 2020

@Lonelykat16 ain't that the truth!

Jam345 May 30th, 2015

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."

- Lou Holtz

yellowCranberry6529 May 30th, 2015

"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming."

May 30th, 2015

"Do not pray for aneasy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one," ~ Bruce Lee

May 30th, 2015

??т мaттerѕ noт wнo yo? love heart, wнere yo? love heart, wнy yo? love heart, wнen yo? love heartor нow yo? love heart, ?т мaттerѕ only тнaт yo? love heart? ~ joнn lennonheart

candy93 May 30th, 2015

"When I am weak, then I am powerful." 1 Corinthians 12:10

One of my favorite scriptures. Faith is an important part of me :)

Ivoryrose8311 May 30th, 2015

I love this. Thank you for sharing.

candy93 May 30th, 2015

No problem :) There's more to the scripture but I quoted the very last part of it, because I just love the meaning it conveys.

TheCouncilSystem April 19th, 2020

@candy93 It's good to see that you're reaching out to God in this time. He hears you.

JustShade May 30th, 2015

?Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.? ~Thh Nhất Hạnh,Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

GalaxyWeaver May 30th, 2015

"Everything you want is hiding behind fear."

ATurnInTheRoad March 5th, 2020

@GalaxyWeaver

That's a good one! Thanks for posting

PetalsOnTheWind May 30th, 2015

in the midst of all this darkness, I see some people who will not be bowed. I see some people who will not give up, even when they know all hope is lost. Some people, who realize being lost is so close to being found.

- Legion

This is by far one of my favourite quotes. It sends shivers up my back when he says it in the film.

Kouyle May 30th, 2015

If you don't want to get hurt, don't expect too much from something that might leave.

blueDrum6497 May 30th, 2015

Beautiful☺️

CallMeVespers May 30th, 2015

I am not afraid to keep on living, i am not afraid to walk this world alone. -mcr

loveisbless May 30th, 2015

Do not wait until conditions are perfect to begin.beginning makes conditions perfect .

butterflyapocolypse May 30th, 2015
butterflyapocolypse May 30th, 2015
PetalsOnTheWind May 30th, 2015

This Too Shall Pass.